Ribbon On Cake Problem

Decorating By Amymnn Updated 3 Oct 2008 , 4:06am by cookieswithdots

Amymnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amymnn Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 4

I did a cake for a baby shower last weekend. They loved it, but did say that when they took the ribbon off of it, the icing came off with it. What did I do wrong? I waited until it was fairly crusted before assembling the ribbon on it. Any suggestions would be so appreciated, I have a cake to do for this weekend with a similar design and I want to get it right this time.

Thanks

icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 4

For me, I cut a strip of waxed paper the length of the ribbon and put it behind the ribbon. I cut the waxed paper just a hair shorter and take a dab of my hot glue and put the ends of the ribbon together. I use satin ribbon most of the time and this helps to keep the grease from the cake on the ribbon.

Good luck.
Melissa

Amymnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amymnn Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 3:34am
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much for the tip. I did use wax paper, but she said it stuck to it anyway, and that the icing came off entirely around the ribbon. Maybe I should let the icing crust completely this time? Thanks for your input icon_smile.gif

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 4:06am
post #4 of 4

Gees- that's too bad. I'm doing cakes this weekend and I'm using the same method. I'll let you know.

Melissa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%