Stupid Question?

Baking By dcabrera Updated 24 Oct 2008 , 1:00pm by chassidyg

dcabrera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcabrera Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 5

If I add a dry jello instant pudding mix to a cake mix do it really come out more moist? Do I keep the rest of the ingredients the same? Please help.

4 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 5

I add it to my lemon pound cake recipe and it's great. The cake is moist and has a very nice crumb. It also tastes great! I also add some lemon extract to it. This is just for the lemon though.

The chocolate didn't help my cake at all. It made it taste like cake mix (I'm a scratch baker), and it didn't seem to give it a better crumb.

So...I guess the answer to your question depends on what kind of cake and the basic recipe, even a mix. For the most part, it does help the cake.

Sorry for the crazy answer.

Michele

Jennafin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennafin Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 12:45am
post #3 of 5

I have just started with the cake hobby, so I am still using mixes, but I really like the Betty Crocker Super Moist. It keeps in the fridge really well and is very moist. It has pudding already in the mix.

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 12:07pm
post #4 of 5

I just tried that this week. I used a cake mix extender recipe with pudding and it came out pretty moist.

Any liquid already used in the recipe would just be replacing the liquid you would use to make up the pudding mix.

I just sieved the pudding mix and cake mix together!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 5

If you add a box of pudding or jello, you need to add 1 more egg. I do this with EVERY cake & cupcakes I make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%