Need Ideas For Presenting Cookies

Baking By mom2spunkynbug Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 10:16pm by KHalstead

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 13

I haven't come across a really nice way (that I like) to present cookies!

I like the cookie bouquets...but not all that much.

I've been using those "chinese food boxes" from Michael's. Around Christmas time, I use the Christmas tins.

Is there another way to present cookies? maybe that I haven't found out about yet??

12 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 13

I'm curious about that too -- I have a couple of demos coming up where they've asked me to come up with a display and the only thing I could think of is the cookie bouquet which I'm not fond of either. Watching and waiting... icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

leannsloan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannsloan Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:26pm
post #3 of 13

Have you seen the forum about the cookie tree I love the way the cookies are pesented and you could do that with a wreath as well I hope this helps

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 3:57pm
post #4 of 13

Small decorative nesting suitcases.
Themed lunchboxes.
Tie cookies to a small wire trellis in a flower pot. This works well if the cookies are flower shaped.
Upside down hats depending on the theme. (Oriental trading has these pretty cheap)
Make-up cases
Little girls purses
Any plastic toy with a open area like a truck, sand pail etc.
Hope this is helpful

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 13
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 11:25pm
post #6 of 13

Here's a display I made for the tye dye tee shirt cookies at the DOS recently. How better to display shirts than on a hanger? icon_lol.gif
LL

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 7:22pm
post #7 of 13

I do very few of the decorated cookies, mine are mostly home style. This is one display I did last year. Turkeys and (those are supposed to be) kids going back to school.
LL

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:23pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

I do very few of the decorated cookies, mine are mostly home style. This is one display I did last year. Turkeys and (those are supposed to be) kids going back to school.

I LOVE your turkeys made with the maple leaf! Very cute!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:01pm
post #9 of 13

Thanks! I used a metal pancake mould for them.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 6:51pm
post #10 of 13

Honeydukes, THANK YOU for posting the link to earlier thread. I was able to use bakinccc's idea of the foil pan with clear lid, it was Perfect for presenting cookies for my new colleague. I will definitely use that often. thumbs_up.gif

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 9:50pm
post #11 of 13

hi momtospunky, i don't sell my cookies and i don't profess to be an expert in the area of displaying, but i am always looking for inexpensive ways to put my cookies in for family and i have found that you can sometimes find those tin pails with designs (really cutes ones out there) on clearance or even just on sale and i fill it with shredded paper to match, i put my cookies in bags with ribbon and just stand them upright in there and i don't need to put beans at the bottom or anything cuz they aren't on sticks. it really comes out looking super cute and pretty. have a great day!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 9:52pm
post #12 of 13

love your display bobwonderbuns and those cookies are super sweet looking!!! icon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 10:16pm
post #13 of 13

if I'm packing them individually i do it like this with a paper tag stapled on and a coordinating ribbon
if I'm doing them (not decorated, or ) in a group I put them in a decorative box like theses

http://www.papermart.com/templates/showimage.asp?PAGE=40046&IMG=../itemimg/jpg_giftbox/85-0914-many-gable-box.jpg
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%