Cookie Trees

Baking By cakelass Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 12:50am by Susie53

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 9:27pm
post #31 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcravings

Yup..been looking everywhere for a reasonably priced grapevine tree and i can't find them anywhere! the only ones i saw were HUGE ones at peir one, it would take hundreds of cookies to cover that thing. I looked at michaels, canadian tire, walmart...i'm getting frustrated. Where do you all buy them?

Have you tried a lawn and garden store? I saw a description of the grapevine trees, and it was commenting on how long they last outdoors. Just a thought.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 9:35pm
post #32 of 44

Gemini,

I thought of that too, but the ones i have seen there are massive.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 10:33pm
post #33 of 44

Do they not have them at Hobby Lobby ?

RAGDOLLCATS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RAGDOLLCATS Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 4:12am
post #34 of 44

Just a thought..but I think you could stack grapevine wreaths of several sizes to form a tree shape.Using a base made of chicken wire .I think the trick here is to use a large base so it will not tip.Going to try it for my Christmas Cookie Party.Will post a picture if it works.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 5:49am
post #35 of 44

They have them at Hobby Lobby. I buy them there. I found some cool copper colored metal forms at a garden store when I was visiting my mom. They are really neat and they were cheaper than the grapevine trees. They are different from the forms that I've usually seen at garden stores- like the tomato cage types- these are decorative and sturdy. I love them. I need to buy some more!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 6:09am
post #36 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgirl1227

They have them at Hobby Lobby. ...

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check there tomorrow.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 6:26pm
post #37 of 44

golfgirl..do you know how much they run? I will be visiting the states this upcoming week and will stop into hobby lobby. We don't have one here in my city.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 8:15pm
post #38 of 44

Just got back from Hobby Lobby (Longview, Texas), I bought 3 of the grapevine trees, they are 18" tall. They were 50% off so I got them for $3.00!!!! They only had one left and it was messed up, but I'm sure they will be getting more in stock.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 9:42pm
post #39 of 44

Flower Factory has a grapevine tree for $7. I believe you can order from them online at www.FlowerFactory.com. They call it a "24 RATTAN CHRISTMAS CONE TREE" item # 76423280658.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 9:47pm
post #40 of 44

Also, do a search for grapevine cones. You may come up with something different than when searching for grapevine trees. I'm coming up with 24" trees and that's 2 feet, like on her website.

Here's an 8": http://www.afloral.com/Floral-Supplies/Wire-Frames-and-Grapevine-Wreaths/8-Grapevine-Tree

and a 24": http://www.save-on-crafts.com/grapevinetree.html

iluvdragonflys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvdragonflys Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 11:05pm
post #41 of 44

Susie53 Can you help me? I went to Hobby Lobby today and couldn't find them anywhere. What dept. are they in?
Thank You!!!

Susie53 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 11:25pm
post #42 of 44

iluvdragonflys, I found them on the wall past the bridal dept. I'm not sure what dept. it was. Or I should say the clerk from the bridal dept. took me to them. Ask a store clerk, they will be happy to help you. You might even want to give them a call to see if they have them in stock.

iluvdragonflys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvdragonflys Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 12:00am
post #43 of 44

Susie53 Thanks so much for the help and quick reply. Duh me. I was looking in the christmas section. lol

Susie53 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 12:50am
post #44 of 44

iluvdragonflys, the Christmas section is the first place I looked too..LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%