No Fail Sugar Cookie Receipe

Baking By Wesha Updated 6 Oct 2008 , 1:43am by Boofycakes

tammy712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammy712 Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 3:02am
post #31 of 39

Boofycakes
they are just as good after freezing them.

PJ37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ37 Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 4:50am
post #32 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofycakes

Has anyone here froze these cookies before? I've made them several times, but cut out cookies are very time consuming, and I wanted to make some next weekend, and save them for the following weekend in the freezer. I just want to make sure that they hold up nice before i go through all the trouble.

I have frozen them after they were baked and decorated and they taste just fine! (I only froze them for about one week). These cookies still taste good unfrozen after 2 weeks or so (if wrapped well). I haven't kept them longer than that....

Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 1:08pm
post #33 of 39

Thanks for your help!

ChristianD, how many cookies really depends on the size of your cookie cutter and how thick you roll them out. A medium size cutter at about 1/4" you might get 5-6 dozen. I'm not sure though, the past few times I've made the recipe I used several different size cutters. Maybe someone else on here has a better idea of the yield. Or else, next weekend when i make the cookies, I'm going to be using all the same cutter, so I'll let you know how many I get!

PJ37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ37 Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 3:05pm
post #34 of 39

I got about 60 cookies per recipe when I made graduation cap cookies (medium sized cutter).

Boofycakes Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 5:59pm
post #35 of 39

oooh! i was close icon_smile.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 6:07pm
post #36 of 39

Boofycakes,
I love your Pez groom's cake!

hummingbird59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hummingbird59 Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 7:07pm
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofycakes

http://forum.CakeCentral.com/cake_recipe-6523-Suagr-cookie-Icing.html

The recipe is small, if you make a whole recipe of No Fail Sugar Cookies, you may need to 4-6x the icing recipe depending on the amount of detail you use on your cookies.

You say depending on detail. Can you pipe borders with this or is it too runny?

I need to go to the store to get everything. Making cookies for a fund raiser for school.

Thanks for all the info.
Sue

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 9:57pm
post #38 of 39

Boofycakes - May I ask what you used to ice your heart cookies on your site? They look so shiney and good.

Thanks so much.

Boofycakes Posted 6 Oct 2008 , 1:43am
post #39 of 39

gdlgdl- Thanks, the Pez groom's cake was for my brother's wedding last October. There is something about Pez in my family. we're a bunch of weirdos icon_smile.gif

hummingbird59- The frosting as is, is kinda stiff. I add a little corn syrup at a time until the frosting is still stiff, but loose enough that I can squeeze through a small round tip. I use this to outline my cookies and do the detail work. once the icing is set, I thin down the rest of the icing with a little milk. I then use this thin icing to fill in the cookie design! Let me know if something doesnt make sense. sometimes I dont explain things very well.

Mickeebabe- The icing I've used on all of my cookies in my photos is
http://forum.CakeCentral.com/cake_recipe-6523-Suagr-cookie-Icing.html
this is the icing that hummingbird59 are talking about

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%