Do Your Cake Truffles Leak?

Decorating By heather1 Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 3:54pm by abslu

heather1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather1 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 3

Everytime I make cake truffles they seem to leak oil. Or that's what it looks and taste like to me. I use a toothpick to dip them in chocolate then put a dab of chocolate over the hole. But I've noticed that where I covered the hole it seems to leak right there. I'm wondering if it's the shortening from the icing breaking down and leaking. Anyone else have this problem or know how to stop it. I have to use a papertowel to absorb the liquid off each one. This gets to be annoying.

2 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 3

Dip your balls by dropping them in and then lifting them out--do not pierce them. Use a dipping fork (or you can even use a plastic fork with the middle tines broken out).

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 3

The time I made them - I made the little cupcake pops, basically a glorified cake truffle. . . . still dipped in the chocolate, they did leak oil a little bit, but only a few of them. That kind of confused me too! Hopefully someone knows why because I wasn't fond of the way it looked!! icon_smile.gif It left the leaky ones at home for hubby so it wasn't all bad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%