Stacking

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 5:44pm by kakeladi

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 3

I really would like to try this , i have to deliver a Bday cake Thursday and i would like to finish it at the house its a 8in rd and 6in rd, not really big but i havent done this yet transport a stacked cake, i know you would run a dowel through the entire cakes, what would you put it in a big box with the grippy stuff so it wont slide any info will be so helpful, would you hold it?? while you DH drives??? icon_confused.gif

2 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 3

Never try holding a cake during transport. Put it on a flat surface (not a car seat) with non skid mat under the box. I also put a piece of non skid in side the box. HTH

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 3

You should not have any trouble w/that small of a stacked cake as long as you don't drive like a silly teen icon_smile.gif Instead think of yourself as an old lady who is totally alone on the road - heheicon_smile.gif

I'd like to see anyone try to hold a cake while drivingicon_smile.gif NOT!
One time I had dh holding a 3 tier wedding cake when I hit a dip in the road I didn't know was there and he & the cake went flying!! You should have seen him meovering trying to get the tiers to fall back just right!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%