I Need An Eggless Sponge Cake....please

Decorating By simplysweet72740 Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 9:04pm by bubusmom

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 4

So I got a call from a client that needs an eggless sponge cake. She tells me oh its for my son's first birthday and I am desperate for one. I said oh he is allergic? She says no we are vegan. WOW I wasn't expecting that in my little podunk town. I have told her I would make it, but I can't find a recipe, anybody have any directions for me? Anything is appreciated, thanks in advance!!!

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 4

It isn't 'sponge' without eggs. However, you might try using the egg replacment you can buy in the healthfood section of some groceries.

If you need to experiment (I would) it may not be cost effective.

You could also look in the threads for other posts for vegan recipes there are many.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 4

I'm allergic to eggs, and thus far I've only made myself chocolate cakes. The wacky cake is a very good choice! I've not met anyone who didn't like it or could guess it was eggless. It doesn't make much batter, however.

There are some other recipes on this site. Search for eggless or egg free.

bubusmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubusmom Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 4

Hi there!
My family is vegetarian and we don't use eggs in cooking. I use EnerG egg replacer in my scratch cakes and it turns out great! You can also use ready mixes and replace eggs with the egg replacer (that is if ready mix doesn't have milk powder, etc)

If you don't want to invest in replacer, you can also add soy milk instead of amount of water that's recommended on the box+ oil and skip eggs altogether.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%