Craft Show/expo

Baking By cksweets Updated 6 Oct 2009 , 3:41pm by cksweets

cksweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cksweets Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 3

I'm so new to this but have been bitten by the decorator's bug in a serious way. I think both my husband and I have gained 20lbs by all the cake I'm making. Now that I'm a stay at home mom, I have plenty of time to endulge! I'm really into making cakes, mostly. But have done some cookies that I was pretty proud of too. Anyways, back to the subject...

There is a local Craft Show/Expo for fellow crafters to display their masterpieces. I would really like to enter. Any suggestions?? Any advice is greatly, greatly appreciated!!!

Just some things I'm wondering...How many should I make? Was thinking about making a couple of mini cakes and raffling off a big one. Thoughts??? Also thought about making cookies w/different themes. What about the bite size flavor cakes?? How to keep them fresh??

Thanks so much for reading this and more importantly...helping me!

icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 3

Are there any restrictions? Is it only for display or for sale? If you want to showcase your talents, obviously you would want to make those things that are your specialty and are most proud of. I would shoot for something a bit out of the ordinary, or the ordinary done very, very well.

cksweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cksweets Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 3

wow!! it only takes me like a year to reply back..so bad!!

thanks GeminiRJ for your suggestions. i wound up not doing the show bc shortly after i posted this i found out i was pregnant. kinda put a hold on the decorating!! lol.

then i was going to enter another one then this year but had too many cake orders to do so...not a baby problem to have. icon_smile.gif

i'll be sure to get with you when i want to enter another one...if you still like me? hahaha...

happy decorating,
christi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%