Thanhthanhs Mums

Decorating By strawberry0121 Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 6:20pm by strawberry0121

strawberry0121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strawberry0121 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 5

I have already pmed her about this, but she doesn't seem to be online and I am doing a very last minute cake. I would like to know how she gets those big beautiful mums from the nail to the cake without messing them up. Any one have any ideas? Thanks!

Monika

4 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 5

Is there a picture? I know that we used to make them on squares of waxed paper stuck to the nail and then slid them into fridge/freezer/dried on counter until they were firm, them we used those funky white plastic Wilton scissors...... but these might be different, not sure without seeing pic.

strawberry0121 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 5

I love the way these look. I REALLY don't think she froze them.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1155082

Thanks!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 5

Holy cow, those are stunning........I think she mainly works with buttercream. Hae you tried doing them on the paper squares and then letting them set up before placing on the cake? And when I said freeze, I didn't mean freeze as much as placing them in the freezer for 5 minutes to fast-firm them.

This woman is a machine so who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if she was so talented she piped them directly on the cake!! icon_lol.gif

My shock and awe comes from the colors. I am familiar with bag striping and I sort of know how to pipe a basic mum but what I don't get is how the tips are lighter?????

strawberry0121 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 6:20pm
post #5 of 5

She is an AWESOME decorator. I just did the leaves and am now going to try making a taller than normal base for the mums so I have some room to get them from the nail to the cake.

I read that she pipes them on a nail, though. Oh well, here goes nothin'!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%