Baking By jjandhope Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 10:18pm by cookiemookie

jjandhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandhope Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 5

What is the best way to store cookies so that they:

1. Stay chewy or crunchy, not mushy.
2. Don't stick together
3. Dont get mashed and loose their shape or
4. (if theyre iced) dont transfer the icing to the others.

Please share your tips! Thanks!

4 replies
jjandhope Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 5

anybody?

This has been a problem for me, as I make large batches of cookies. When I cover them, they get mushy...

Can anyone give a suggestion or a product made to help with this problem??

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 5

Plastic air-tight containers. Tupperware, Rubbermaid etc. I only freeze baked cookies, not decorated ones (but this can be done) I separate the cookies with waxed paper and freeze. Take them out of the freezer a day before I need to ice them (leaving them in the containers to thaw). After I ice them and let them dry, I bag them individually and again store them in plastic containers until I'm ready to put them together and give away. Hope this helps.
I'm sure others will give you more information.

jjandhope Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 5

Some of the cookies I make dont turn out well in air tight containers. I recently made some pumpkin cookies that became very soggy when covered overnight.

I know there are a lot of recipes that that could happen to. I was wondering if something like a stackable wire rack set that comes with a canvas cover would work (it would be breathable but still covered). So far, I havent found any such thing in existence...

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:18pm
post #5 of 5

For cookie jar type cookies and for most of my Christmas cookies I love using tins with tight fitting lids. I put down a parchment circle first and then load them up!

If you can tell from my avatar I use those big popcorn tins. Everybody gives me theirs when they are done with them. I have quite a collection. The halfs are my favorite. They keep most of my Christmas cookies fresh for the entire holiday season. It works fantastic for meringues.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%