Great Forum - Are There Others

Decorating By kosmonot Updated 5 Oct 2008 , 7:11am by BCJean

kosmonot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kosmonot Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:58am
post #1 of 9

Hi all, I'm new here. I am an airbrush artist who does a fair amount of cake decorating porjects for local bakers - kind of a gun for hire thing. This is a great forum. I am looking to share airbrush info as a mainstream airbrush artist guy (T-shirts, Cars, etc.), and get some info related to cake decorating specifics. I've been doing the cake decorating stuff for about 4 years, and have not yet brought my freehand art into the format. Other than my own interest is there customers who seek out extreme custom decorating projects? Is there other cake decorating forums like this one? Thanks for any response.

koz out

if you want to see a couple of my cake projects go to www.myspace.com/kosmonot

8 replies
nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:38am
post #2 of 9

Try this here select Forums and there are 7 or 8 others from the UK, Australia and the US.

http://pub21.bravenet.com/freelink/show.php?usernum=1726774218

kosmonot Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 12:18pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks I'll check that out. Are any of them as good as this one?

koz out

nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 12:28pm
post #4 of 9

I think that's a subjective question icon_biggrin.gif

It depends on what you are looking for! Each country is a little different that reflects different styles of decorating.

I can only suggest you check them out for yourself.

kosmonot Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 5:04am
post #5 of 9

Thanks Nicole appreciate the info, and will check 'em out as soon as I have some time.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 6:14am
post #6 of 9

can't find your pics...the only one i can see is an astronaunt...you should post some on here!

kosmonot Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 5:10am
post #7 of 9

click on my pics underneath my godzilla model pic

kosmonot Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 6:27am
post #8 of 9

DUH!

sorry littlecake I actually supplied my old myspace url. click on my pics then on the airplane nose art album. I've got two of my cakes in there.

I'm actually at www.myspace.com/benesseli

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 7:11am
post #9 of 9

I love using the airbrush on my cakes. I don't go for the overkill though. I just like to highlight and shade a little. If you check my cakes you will see very few with no airbrush.

I have taken moments where I wanted to do T-shirts but the computer images kind of killed the airbrush for that. I love the fact you can take a blank canvas, whether it be a T-shirt or a sheet cake, and in a matter of a few minutes you create a design. I would like to see more of your cakes. If you have pics of them why don't you post them on here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%