Samples For Bridal Shows

Business By hollysu Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 2:43pm by BakingJeannie

hollysu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollysu Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 8

Looking for new ideas for giving out samples from a booth for wedding shows. 400-600 brides expected. not keen on the "cutting on site" - too many variables and you can only eat so much cake! Small samples in 2 oz lidded cups seems too small but any larger you need to have a mini fork... just looking for innovative ideas!!!!

7 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 8

I made mini-cupcakes. Easy one bite samples.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 8

I did my first bridal show back in April, and you are right, cutting on site was a huge mistake.
My booth was tiny and wasting time cutting cake instead of talking to potential clients, not a good ideaâ¦

I bought a big freezer and I will cut, pack and freeze all my samples for my next show.

I saw a great presentation for samples: cut and torte a sheet cake and cut small pieces with a round cutter, then you put that in a plastic shot glass with more icing on top, they look great! so elegant and hip...I will post a picture if I can find one.

Iâm planning to do same thing but on lidded cups that way I can make them in advance.

I got bigger cups in a local paper supply shop, and I think Samâs has a good selection.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:55pm
post #4 of 8

I like the mini cupcakes - but you have to have either a ton of pans, or a ton of patience! LOL!

I bake sheetcakes, cut them up and throw some icing on top. Having them pre-packaged is a great idea, I'd include a little sticker on the top with your business name - just in case they take it home and eat it later.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 8

The 2 oz cup "cake shots" are not too small... I have never had anyone complain and I have been using them for 4 years. ALSO its just the one bite so no other vendor or bride will see ppl wandering around with unwanted, uneaten cake and then watch them trash it. Regardless of the reason, that looks really bad on your bakery.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:56am
post #6 of 8

yeah, for the mini cupcakes I got four 24-mini cupcake pans. I'm able to fit all 4 at a time, so one 'cycle' gives me about 96 cupcakes. ANd since they are mini they don't take as long.

cakelady15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady15 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:39pm
post #7 of 8

I agree with the mini cupcakes. Because you can bake them 96 at a time in a standard oven and they only take about 10 minutes it is really easy to get a lot done. And just in case you need to know, you can fit 187 of them in a full sheet cake boxicon_smile.gif I had to make 900 of them for a football game and I was able to bake and decorate all of them in two evenings after work and they fit in my car in 5 sheet cake boxes.

BakingJeannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingJeannie Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:43pm
post #8 of 8

I recently used the 2 oz cup and it was perfect. Everyone said it was easy to use. I had tooth picks they could pick up cake with. I placed a sample a little less than an inch with a squart of buttercream. I had a few guest who took samples with them to take home for sampling with others who were not at the show. On mother of the bride was there without the bride and she was happy she could take the samples home without have it in a napkin or cupcake form.

I got the idea from a forum thread on bridal show, and indydebi gave some very good tips.

Jeannie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%