What Do You Think I Should Do?

Lounge By Magnum Updated 2 Oct 2008 , 9:26pm by Magnum

Magnum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magnum Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 10

Hi folks, i really need some advice.

Basically i'm 23 years old and i live alone. Lately there has been a few kids (i can hear them but never catch them in time to see them) that hang around outside my house swearing and just being little $***s but they have started throwing the odd stone at my window and then running off.
I'm not normally such a jumpy or hugely timid person but its really upsetting and scaring me, down to the point where its making my head throb and my heart pound really hard icon_cry.gif . I don't want to go to the doctors because they'll just sign me off for a few weeks with stress (i've had this before) and i'll just be at home bored, stuffing my face all day.

What would you do? thanks for your help

9 replies
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 10

Call the police. I'm sure you have rules regarding loitering and even if you don't, the fact that these kids are now scaring you should prompt the police to monitor your neighborhood more closely. Maybe if you've ever contemplated getting a dog that would help too. After I had my first child must husband had to work nights for quite some time. I had a lot of kids hanging around all night and we were in a new neighborhood so we got a dog. Every time she hears something suspicious, she barks. I made me feel a little more secure. Good Luck.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 10

You might talk with some of your neighbors and see if they are having kid problems, too. Kind of get a neighborhood-watch group formed. If everyone is watching out for these kids, someone will know them or at least see who they are.

Magnum Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 10

Stephaniecakenj & indydebi thanks for your replies.

I wouldn't be able to get a dog because i work full time and go to college 2 nights a week so it wouldn't be fair on the dog.

I live in a rough area where people don't really talk to each other, my next door neigbours have had a few police raids in the past (some in the middle of the night where you could hear the police tearing up the house).

I have thought about calling the police but i suppose i'm just scared of retaliation. I think i know what i need to do anyway, i really just need to move. I was robbed about a year ago while i was sleeping upstairs so that should have given me a kick up the backside really.

Thanks for listening x

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 10

Im kinda agreeing with you on this one--just move if you're able to, if it's that bad in the area you're in.

Magnum Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 7:34pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDZA

Im kinda agreeing with you on this one--just move if you're able to, if it's that bad in the area you're in.

Yeah i think this is the last straw, i really just needed to vent and get it all off my chest. The area has always been bad but i keep myself to myself so i thought i was safe.

Thanks for listening x

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 10:15pm
post #7 of 10

Oh Magnum, this is awful. I hope you can find a new apartment in a safer neighborhood. Good Luck and ((((((hugs)))))
Be sure your house is well lit especially at night when your'e at class, coming home to a dark house is not safe.

Magnum Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:17pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

Oh Magnum, this is awful. I hope you can find a new apartment in a safer neighborhood. Good Luck and ((((((hugs)))))
Be sure your house is well lit especially at night when your'e at class, coming home to a dark house is not safe.

thanks 4 the hugs icon_biggrin.gif. I always leave a few lights on (sorry eco people but they are energy saver light bulbs). I do get worried coming home from class coz its dark but i'm just going to keep doing what i'm doing and move as soon as possible.
I know moving is my only solution, i was a bit upset when i first posted so i was venting a little.

Thanks for listening icon_smile.gif

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 6:33pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

(some in the middle of the night where you could hear the police tearing up the house

We dont tear up the house...we "Re-arrange and explore."
To the untrained eye, it appears "All toed up", to the trained eye...it appears as if a methodical hurricane hit it...thus explored."

Magnum Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 9:26pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale

Quote:
Quote:

(some in the middle of the night where you could hear the police tearing up the house

We dont tear up the house...we "Re-arrange and explore."
To the untrained eye, it appears "All toed up", to the trained eye...it appears as if a methodical hurricane hit it...thus explored."

Errm yeah, what you said icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%