Sam's Club Cakes

Decorating By SweetOccasionCakes Updated 30 Sep 2008 , 2:28am by berryblondeboys

SweetOccasionCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOccasionCakes Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 5

I went to a baby shower yesterday where the cake was from Sam's Club. I agree that they did a great job and that their cakes are better than most grocery store cakes but I like mine also. I brought home a piece for my sons and my husband. My 4 year old usually doesn't like my cakes (but likes ALL other cakes, VERY frustrating, but anyway) but he always tries them. He asked for a piece of cake and I gave it to him. After he was done eating every crumb of that piece of cake he informed me that he really liked this cake and that it was the best cake I had ever made! I couldn't believe it! So, anybody care to tell me how to make a cake like Sam's so that my son will eat it!?!?!? icon_cry.gif

4 replies
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 5

Oh don't you hate that!!! All the time and energy that goes into a homemade cake and they want some cake that took 20 mins to throw together and was likely made in a factory and shipped to the store frozen. My kids are the same way, they hardly ever eat my cake. they always ask for a slice but I've very rarely had them finish their piece of cake. Unfortunately I've never had a sam's club cake so I can't help you but I just wanted to sympatize with you. that's tough! I have heard that some of the chains use icing that's called bettercreme I think? Maybe you can try that out and see if they like it?

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 5

Maybe he likes their frosting better. SAMS will sell you tubs of their frosting. Go to the bakery section at SAMS and ask if they will sell you a small tub. Try that out on your son before you invest in the big 25 lb. tubs that they sell there.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 5

they'll sell you cases of cakes too.

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 2:28am
post #5 of 5

Well, I'm of this opinion... isn't it good he doesn't want to eat it in a way? It's not like it's a nutritional item? So...he takes a couple bites and is done.... better in the long run than devouring all those empty calories pumped full of chemicals and fake ingredients that Costco probably uses...

But I do HATE that their cakes actually taste good... makes it hard for the "good stuff" to sell for their true value.

Melissa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%