Anyone Live In (Or Near) Birmingham, Alabama??

Decorating By becklynn Updated 3 Oct 2008 , 2:13pm by SugarBakerz

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 5

I am visiting Birmingham for 3 days in October and would like to know if there are any good cake decorating supply shops in the area. They are scarce where I live, and I'm tired of ordering everything online!
Thanks!

4 replies
SouthernSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SouthernSugar Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 10:16am
post #2 of 5

http://www.cakes-n-things.com/supplies.html

She has a decent selection of stuff, as far as I know it is the only shop in Birmingham. HTH

mqguffey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mqguffey Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 1:18am
post #3 of 5

SouthernSugar is right, Louise's is the only dedicated cake decorating shop that we have, for the most part, I go Hobby Lobby and Michael's.

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 5

Hey,
Yup, Louise's is the best cake supply place around here. Here's their website with their address if you need to mapquest it:

http://cakes-n-things.com/

HTH,
Melanie Mc.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 5

if you are willing to make the drive to Huntsville... about 1 1/2 to 2 hours north, you won't be sorry, there is a place called Lynelles and it is OMG amazing.. she has umpteen square feet of stuff, including old/retired pans that she sells for the same price as pans today, and they are unused.. .I bought my R2D2 there for 9.99 earlier this year. She has a massive back room of nothing but pans too, so if you don't see something ask them. See Eileen or Ms. Lynelle, both super women and super nice... oh and I couldn't tell you how many chocolate molds, like 5 rooms I think! AMAZING.. let me know if you are interested and I will get you the information, they aren't online!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%