Where Do You Order Your Silver Cake Plateaus From?

Decorating By mom2spunkynbug Updated 20 Feb 2010 , 10:08pm by Mrs_O

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:12am
post #1 of 21

I found a pretty cheap website, but they are out of stock on the cake stand that I want to get. (Plus I've never ordered from them before.)

Where do you buy your silver cake stands/plateaus from?

20 replies
loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:17am
post #2 of 21

I would love to find that answer too...They are SO expensive and I need to get a couple of more...

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:40am
post #3 of 21

I've gone through the first two pages of google links and have not found one that either a) I like, or b) is at a reasonable price!

I'm planning on renting them out, so I'm sure if enough people wanted them, they would pay for themselves in no time...but until then, I've got to come up with that large amount!!$

I have a last minute bride who wants one (wedding in two weeks!!) and I can't find a good one that is reasonable and will go well with her cake...

Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:46am
post #4 of 21

The only one that have purchased I bought at Hobby Lobby and used a 50% coupon for it. I found it in the wedding aisle. It can handle a smaller tiered cake (maybe 12 inch or less). It cost around $25.00 with the coupon.

Superstar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Superstar2 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 12:56am
post #5 of 21

I too would like info on this topic. Hope someone out there will drop us a web site for silver plateaus or cake stands. Thanks CC'ers.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 1:02am
post #6 of 21

The one I used for the "towering inferno" wedding cake I did last year I bought from Ebay and charged her a rental fee since there is really no place to rent them from around here.

SANZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SANZ Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 1:19am
post #7 of 21

Have you tried your local cake store? I know the ones around me will rent you theirs. Now the deposit is alot of money and they only charge about $50.00 to rent. I know I have a wedding cake in october and want to use a round one. They are too expensive to buy, unless, you have a lot or requests for them - then of course it would pay for itself in no time. Also, check a rental company - like Party Rentals, or ABC rentals. The bride told me that the place she is getting all the tables, chairs & tents from has them to rent. Hope this helps.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 1:24am
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANZ

Have you tried your local cake store? I know the ones around me will rent you theirs. Now the deposit is alot of money and they only charge about $50.00 to rent. I know I have a wedding cake in october and want to use a round one. They are too expensive to buy, unless, you have a lot or requests for them - then of course it would pay for itself in no time. Also, check a rental company - like Party Rentals, or ABC rentals. The bride told me that the place she is getting all the tables, chairs & tents from has them to rent. Hope this helps.

I tried them all, and even bugged a few local decorators to rent theirs. In a word, NADA! icon_sad.gif

SANZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SANZ Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 1:41am
post #9 of 21

Did you try www.efavormart.com? They have some - pretty cheap - I think.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 1:42am
post #10 of 21

mom2spunkybug...
what was the website that you saw them on...

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 2:00am
post #11 of 21

I just found this place online and they have some 18" plateaus for under $100. Scroll down about half way and you should see them. When I have more time I will have to take a closer look at these and maybe get some, that sounds like a really good price

http://www.galasource.com/products.cfm/Cake-Stands-Plateaus-Risers.417

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 2:02pm
post #12 of 21

ive also ordered them from www.weddingcakestands.com

loriemoms Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 2:22pm
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdybear1978

I just found this place online and they have some 18" plateaus for under $100. Scroll down about half way and you should see them. When I have more time I will have to take a closer look at these and maybe get some, that sounds like a really good price

http://www.galasource.com/products.cfm/Cake-Stands-Plateaus-Risers.417

Can you let us know if you order one? It sounds like it takes 30 days to get them?

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 2:41pm
post #14 of 21

I second the PP who mentioned seeing if you have a rental company around who has one to rent. There are several rental companies in my area and I believe they all have the stands to rent.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 6:01pm
post #15 of 21

I bought mine on ebay

loriemoms Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 6:04pm
post #16 of 21

I just bought a "fake" silver plateau on ebay for half the price of a silver one I have no idea what kind of quality it will be, but I will let cha all know..it is one of those ebay stores that has these all the time.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 6:11pm
post #17 of 21

I bought mine on ebay

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 7:58pm
post #18 of 21

I bought mine from Ebay then I also purchased one at Sweet Celebrations Going out of business sale... I got the $146 stand for $73 which wasn't too bad in my opinion...

I just stayed savvy because I found all of mine for less than $100 varying sizes from 6" up to 18"... The most I ever paid on ebay! was the time I saw a stand I really liked, only to find out it was plastic after it arrived... Arguably I could have said they mislabeled the stand as being "silver cake stand" without saying it was plastic.. Oh well, wasn't worth the effort because I really did like the stand...

I also got a couple stands at the ICES Convention from PME that were super cheap IMO... They were the floating tiers stands and they charged $50 because I was there on Sunday afternoon of the convention.

Hope that helps!!!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 8:23pm
post #19 of 21

I buy mine on eBay, too. I put "cake plateau" in my saved search page so I recieve an e-mail everytime new plateaus. Then I keep an eye on prices in those e-mails and bid on one when it's less than the going rate seems to be.

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 8:37pm
post #20 of 21

try www.weddingfads.com

Mrs_O Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs_O Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 10:08pm
post #21 of 21

I second the weddingcakestands.com ... I ordered mine Wednesday and received them Friday! Wow! Got a round and square for around $250 shipped. Not to shabby IMHO.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%