Graduation Cake

Decorating By Hollysuann Updated 29 Sep 2008 , 3:53pm by Hollysuann

Hollysuann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollysuann Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 4

I got a request last night for a graduation cake for a kid that is graduating next spring. The cake isn't due till next spring, but I had an idea that I wasn't sure if it would work or if it's just plain crazy. He is big into football, basketball and nascar. I was thinking some sort of topsy turvy cake in the shapes of those sports. Not sure if I could get it to be stable. Any ideas on how to combine the 3 sports? It doesn't matter if it's a sheet cake or tiered cake. She just needs it to serve 150 people.

3 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 4

It would be so cool to do a car cake with a football on top with a basketball on top of that and a graduation cap on that! how cool!

Ok - so it would be difficult to stabilize - but if you could - how awesome!!!!

Maybe someone knows how to pull that off!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 4

It could be stablized by using only 1/2 cakes w/styro as the bottom 1/2 -- like Duff does on many of his cakes.

Hollysuann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollysuann Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

It would be so cool to do a car cake with a football on top with a basketball on top of that and a graduation cap on that! how cool!

Ok - so it would be difficult to stabilize - but if you could - how awesome!!!!

Maybe someone knows how to pull that off!

That's sorta what I was thinking. I could use a stryo for the bottom half of each cake and then make a sheet cake to fill in for the amount of servings I would need. I will have to check out how many people the ball pan is supposed to serve.

Would you run a dowel down thru the whole thing to stabilize it? Hmmm....now the ideas are flowing! Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%