Yuck.

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 11 Oct 2008 , 12:00am by JenniferMI

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 2:26am
post #1 of 5

Guess I should have closed the house up today! Getting a Nor'easter coming through although it didn't rain most of the day...but used some precolored red fondant for a McQueen car cake and man, that stuff was getting shinier and shinier as it sat on my cake, and wetter and wetter. And sticky. *sigh* I hope it dries off and looks better for tomorrow.

My frosting has been sagging too, maybe I'm putting too much of a "mist" of water on it before the fondant.

This just feels like a bad cake week. LOL. Five orders...three down, two to go.

4 replies
SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 6:04am
post #2 of 5

Hang in there! thumbs_up.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 2:07am
post #3 of 5

Roll out your fondant, cover with plastic wrap, then ice your cake. Immediately when you are done smoothing it out, place your fondant. Then, no need for water misting!

HTH!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 28 Sep 2008 , 2:15am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMI

Roll out your fondant, cover with plastic wrap, then ice your cake. Immediately when you are done smoothing it out, place your fondant. Then, no need for water misting!

HTH!

Jen icon_smile.gif

But then the frosting won't give a nice hard surface to smooth down on....right?

I used to do that but then it was easier to do it cold, when I worked at the caterers.

Hmm maybe its my icing...at the caterer they used non crusting....at home I use mostly crusting b/c I prefer the taste. Maybe the non crusting would hold a corner better. Hmmmm....

Thanks!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 12:00am
post #5 of 5

(((hugs))) to you....

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%