Humid Florida, Mmf Vs. Store Bought Fondant

Decorating By forthwife Updated 27 Sep 2008 , 9:30pm by forthwife

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 5

Living in Florida and being new to cake decorating, I wonder is there times that store bought fondant is the ONLY way to go? I noticed the one time I did use store bought, that it dried (not like gumpaste...but more than MMF). Whereas my MMF is always pretty pliable. Any suggestions/ideas? Also, should I be adding glycerine to my MMF? Thanks!!!

4 replies
jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 5

I just cannot do the MMF here. Way too soft for me!! I have done Michele Fosters Fondant, which I like, but it can be a little soft too. Satin Ice and Chocopan I was using for a while until I got Jennifer Dontz DVD's with her chocolate fondant recipe. I am in love with this right now!!!

Hth,

Jessica icon_smile.gif

forthwife Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 3:19am
post #3 of 5

I searched for Michelle Foster's Fondant but couldn't find it. Is it available on this site? How is chocolate fondant different? Has anyone tried making the fondant recipe on allrecipes dot com?

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 3:32am
post #4 of 5

Probably because she only has one "L" in her name.. icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3663-0-Michele-Fosters-Delicious-Fondant.html

I love this fondant too.. I make Jennifer's Fondant using this recipe as the base with some extra powdered sugar added in.. just until it feels right.

MMF doesn't like humidity at all.

forthwife Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%