Red Food Coloring?

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 26 Sep 2008 , 7:03pm by cakebaker1957

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 7

Im doing a Elmo cake for a friend and i know it has a lot of red will this taste really bad she wants a yellow cake what flavoring could i use to help with the taste??

6 replies
judylynnturner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judylynnturner Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 7

I use the Wilton gel that is Red No taste. I have to use a lot of it, and I try to make it the day or two before so that it will get darker and if it isn't as dark as I would like, I add more. I also sometimes add some burgandy coloring to help.

stlouiscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlouiscake Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 7

My favorite red is Americolor's Super Red

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 7

Chefmaster liqua gel is the best there is. Takes very little and you get red instantly with no bad taste. That's all that I use now that I have found it.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:18pm
post #5 of 7

Use vanilla coffee creamer in place of the liquid.

I found that the "no taste" red isn't red enough. Wiltons "red-red" or Americolor's "super red" give the best color. (I haven't tried Chefmaster).

UPSCAKELADY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UPSCAKELADY Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:19pm
post #6 of 7

I also use the wilton no taste but I mix it with the Americolor soft gel paste in super RED. I made an elmo cake and the customers raved about the icing because it did not have the bitter icon_evil.gif aftertaste. Great idea from judylynnturner mixing the day before icon_biggrin.gif

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 7:03pm
post #7 of 7

thank you everyone i will try the coffee creamer, and later i will order something else besides my wilton

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%