Cancelled!

Decorating By cous2010 Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 3:05am by Cakepro

cous2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cous2010 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:27am
post #1 of 4

Well CCers, this is my first gripe post icon_sad.gif

I've been planning a Premier Designs Jewelry Party for WEEKS in order to help get jewelry for me and my wedding party! I've finished all the invitations, made sure all of my friends and family could take the day off, and, most importantly...I designed a cake to make for the party, practiced this cake, and bought all the extra supplies to make it (I actually went to Michael's tonight and bought the supplies and ordered fondant last night online)

On my way home from Michael's, my mom, who's house it was supposed to be held at, called and said we'd have to cancel the party. She just got power back after Ike and doesn't think she can have the house cleaned up in time.

I was SO looking forward to making that cake icon_sad.gif

Just venting. Thanks for listening/reading icon_eek.gif

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:55am
post #2 of 4

She probably won't believe you when you explain that no one expects a magazine perfect house after a hurricane, will she? icon_rolleyes.gif But they wont' expect perfection. Bless her for all she's been thru, though!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:52am
post #3 of 4

Not exactly sure how bad the house could be but like indy said, people won't expect it to be perfect.
I guess you will be too busy making the cake but I would offer to go over & help her clean it up.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:05am
post #4 of 4

As someone who just went 11 days without power after Ike (we just got power yesterday), I can certainly understand your mother's position. It's been a stressful and exhausting 2 weeks. Two of my kids have birthdays this weekend (turning 16 & 17 years old - yikes!) but we are giving people - and ourselves! - time to have their lives regain some normalcy before putting together a party.

How about you rent a nice hotel room to have your party in? icon_smile.gif

Sherri

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%