Charlie Brown & Peanuts Gang

Decorating By Reganlynn Updated 27 Sep 2008 , 9:38pm by Reganlynn

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 10

Hello! My kids want a Charlie Brown theme for their birthday this year, does anyone know where to find Charlie Brown and the whole gang figures to put on the cake? I can't find them anywhere! I am thinking of doing a great pumpkin theme, since their birthday is in October.

Thank You!

9 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:36am
post #2 of 10

Model them out of fondant/gumpaste - they are pretty easy looking figures.

I found one place that had them - but they all say "collectible" which we all in the real world know means "expensive".

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 10

One option would be to buy the 'Peanuts' cookie cutters (check ebay) and make them on sticks. Decorate, then push into the top of the cake. Even better, make a template of the design you want and cut the dough by hand. Or melt some CandyMelts, place into bags or squeeze bottles, and outline then fill in the design with the candy. Let it harden, turn over, and place on the cake. Attached to sticks, these designs can be pushed into the cake, too.

Reganlynn Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 10

You both sound WAY more talented than I am. I wouldn't know where to even begin making them myself. I'm hoping to find some out there somewhere, but you're right, the only ones I seem to find are " collectables " which start at about $20 each. Thanks for the advice though.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 10

If you don't want to make them edible, you can find the images you want online, then print them out and laminate them. Glue them onto sticks and push into the cake. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Reganlynn Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 10

Gemini, that sounds like a VERY good idea if I can't find any on-line!! What a great idea! Thank You Very Much!!!

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 5:25pm
post #7 of 10

I just did a search on e-bay for "Peanuts figurines" and came up with several items (including sets) for much less than $20 apiece (one set was less than $9, and one was $30 for 3 characters) - still new in box (NIB).

Have you tried ebay yet?

amazinggracecakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amazinggracecakedesigns Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 7:40pm
post #8 of 10

I would also suggest using laminate images if you can't find the figures that you want. We do alot of laminate images on our cakes for customers. Also, Wilton made a Charlie Brown & a Snoopy cake pan. You might find them on e-bay if you were interested in the pans. Good luck. Post a pic whenever you get it finished. icon_smile.gif

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 6:55am
post #9 of 10

DH would offer any piece you need here LOL... I'm a Peanuts collector and don't want to admit how many pieces I own...

Right now Russel Stover has Peanuts keychains for sale. I usually can find them at smaller grocery store chains. I used to get them at Walgreens but they haven't been carrying them the last year or so.

You can find figurines pretty reasonably on Ebay! or check here: http://www.cafepress.com/snoopystore/ and you should find what you're looking for. I also find a lot of Great Pumpkin stuff at Halloween decorating displays... It's a lot easier to come by now than it once was.

Good luck!!!

Reganlynn Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 9:38pm
post #10 of 10

Wow!! Thank you all so much!! This really helps me so much! I'd really excited to do this cake now. I will let you know when it's in my photo's. If for next Saturday 10/4! My kids turn 3 and love the Great Pumpkin!!

Thank you all so much, this is a big help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%