Where To Find Stainless Steel Work Table

Decorating By momma28 Updated 24 Sep 2008 , 11:45pm by Cakepro

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 8

I am trying to find a restaurant style stainless steel work table. I have been using a MASSIVE cutting board that I have to do alot of my work on but it aint cutting it anymore. They sell them at sams for 118 but I was kinda hoping for something a littel less. Is there a site thats a clearing house for used restaurant equiptment? Maybe this isnt the forum to post this on but I figured it couldnt hurt to ask

7 replies
PollyMaggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PollyMaggs Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 8

Thats actually a good price on a SS work table...What size are they? I priced them out on-line a few months ago and with shipping it would be around $230.00 for a 30" x 48". Try to find one locally because shipping will be high otherwise. Look in you local paper's classifieds for rest. closings sales.
Polly

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 8

Ebay, of course. But really that's a great price.

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 8

I was incredibly lucky when I found mine on Craigslist for 25.00. Pizzeria remodeled and they had two they just wanted gone. It needed a good cleaning but it was about 30x48 so it was a steal. If you can hold out keep checking around.

vpaz24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vpaz24 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 8

I got mine from IKEA and I paid 119 for it. I think the Sam's club price is good. Everything else I found on line was more than that. I like the table and it does the job.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 11:00pm
post #6 of 8

check out www.(your town here).craigslist.org and then proceed half way down the page, in the middle to the for sale section. 3 or 4 down on the left is the business category...you should be able to find quite a bit there, or even in the craigslist site for the nearest big town near you.

that sounded like a good price though.

vanillabean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vanillabean Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 11:16pm
post #7 of 8

The Sam's price is really good if you can go pick it up there. You can also try your local restuarant supply store, as they usually have used items.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 11:45pm
post #8 of 8

I bought one from Sam's a couple of weeks ago, along with 4 of their wonderful shelving units and one big unit that has a buttload of grey bins. I *heart* Sam's. And now I *heart* having all of my cake stuff organized. icon_biggrin.gif

Go get yourself one! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%