Sweet 16 For Boys

Decorating By plw1097 Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 12:57am by LindaB41171

plw1097 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plw1097 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have cake ideas for a 16 year old boy?

7 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 8

does he have a hobby or other interests that you can use to help you make a design? - My son loves basketball & baseball - maybe a milestone cake - is he getting his drivers license this year?

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 8

A sporty car (not one he's actually going to get) is always a big hit. The Mustang GT...keep dreaming icon_biggrin.gif

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 8

My grandson is turning 18. He plays the guitar. I have a guitar shaped cookie cutter that I'm making fondant guitars to decorate his cake.

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 8

I would go with a hobby...hunting, sports, etc. If not, a drivers license would be really cute! Or, you could cut cake into the shape of the number 16 and then free hand or make fondant deco that would represent his personality and add it to the numbers.

Good luck!
Mandy

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 6:16pm
post #6 of 8

I would go with a hobby...hunting, sports, etc. If not, a drivers license would be really cute! Or, you could cut cake into the shape of the number 16 and then free hand or make fondant deco that would represent his personality and add it to the numbers.

Good luck!
Mandy

CoriB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoriB Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 1:06pm
post #7 of 8

My son turns 16 soon and I am considering doing the kopykake transfers with pictures of him as he was growing up - including his baby pic, he has a great sense of humor and I think he would love hearing the girls at his party talk about how cute he was ...and is, LOL.

LindaB41171 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaB41171 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 12:57am
post #8 of 8

My older son just turned 17 in August. He loved the Dark Knight movie and is crazy about the Joker. We did a Joker themed round cake and had cupcakes surrounding it. They were alternating purple frosting with green clowns and green frosting with purple clowns. The front 2 cupcakes said "ha ha ha." He said it was his best cake ever!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%