Need Help W/bc Icing!!!!

Decorating By butterflywings Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 1:26am by SeriousCakes

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 1:42am
post #1 of 7

Hi gang! It's been a while since I posted (summer was a sloooooow cake time for me). I've got 3 cakes this week and 1 next week. I've been using Indydebi's BC (which I LOVE) but I'm looking for something a little smoother, creamier. I thought I'd ask all of you your favorite bc recipes. Remember, I want smooth, creamy, easy to make, but not whipped.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

6 replies
newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 1:53am
post #2 of 7

I don't know what IndyDebi's BC is, but do you consider swiss meringue b/c as 'whipped'? It uses egg whites, sugar, butter, flavor but it's not a whipping cream based icing that uses a stabilizer.

Swiss meringue is less sweet and a more sophisticated icing than the powdered sugar based icings that most of us make (including me). If you want to try a recipe of it before you have to do your cake, PM me and I'll send you a recipe I've used that I find very good. I like this for a more "upscale" cake, but I like the powd. sugar b/c for piping and for a crusting finish.

Julie

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 2:25am
post #3 of 7

I love sugarshack's buttercream. Its smooth, creamy and velvety. It crusts really good too!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 2:48am
post #4 of 7

recipes that use crisco.. butter... 10x sugar.... salt... heavy whipping cream instead of milk or water... is delicious, smooth and creamy... sugarshacks also..... the swiss meringue and italian meringue is good to me... but everyone doesn,t like it... i love it... some people says it tastes too much like butter... so all these , you can practice with and see how you like them... lots of recipes on this site for all i mentioned.... i love the whimsical bakehouse icing recipes... both of them.... hth

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 7

I use buttercream dream (half butter half crisco) - the recipe is here on CC. It's very creamy. I use it for everything I make, and people love the taste!! It's a very easy recipe, that's why I love it!! Good luck!!

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:59am
post #6 of 7

thanks ladies. for some reason i wasn't being notified of responses, so forgive my delay. you've given me a place to start. i'm going to experiment tomorrow and see if I can find something I like (luckily the first cake i have due it fondant covered, so i have a few days to play with BC)

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:26am
post #7 of 7

I'll throw mine in as well, easy to make, very tasty, very creamy icon_biggrin.gif
The recipe:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%