Italian Creme Cake Help

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 24 Sep 2008 , 12:58pm by cakebaker1957

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 8

just got a order for an italian cream cake, have no clue how to do this one so i looked in the receipes found several, she wants it for a birthday can this be done dont know if she wants writing or not, if it has coconut in it can decorating it be difficult?? what would you charge for it im making a 8 or 10in rd if i do it Thanks everyone

7 replies
Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 8

Decorates the same as any other cake--really great with cream cheese filling!!! My recipe has coconut, pecans and maraschino cherries in it--it's my daughter's favorite kind of cake!!! YUM!

Dawncurby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawncurby Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 8

Hi,
I use a white cake base and then add:
coconut
pecans
almond flavoring

Have never tried the cherries but sounds YUMMY!!! icon_lol.gif

mandm78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandm78 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 9:02pm
post #4 of 8

I make italian cream cakes for alot of weddings and a few birthdays. I usually frost w/butter cream icing or add some cream cheese to it for a cream cheese buttercream icing. I always use cream cheese for the filling. It makes it easier to decorate if you use straight icing without adding coconut. Makes it better to put designs/decorations.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 8

This is Chocolate Italian Cream Cake... I had such a hard time carving this cake because of the nuts and coconut in it. But taste wise, it is very good. I substituted butter/shortening with oil to make it more moist, and it worked.. This was my entry to the CA State Fair last month and I got First Place for it.. it was judged on taste, not so much with looks..also toast your coconuts.. it enhances the flavor.
LL

terrier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrier Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 8

mencked... do you mind sharing your recipe? It sounds so yummy I would love to try it! My daughter loves...LOVES cherries.

Thanks,
ally

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:16am
post #7 of 8
cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 12:58pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks to everyone who responded, I accidently posted it twice , but thats ok, Looks like you can do what ever to Itialian creme cake and its ok i guess i will call her and ask what she likes, also what would you charge for this if i do it from scratch, or a box will be a 8in rd,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%