Need Help...overpiping Like London Cake - Please

Decorating By Jopalis Updated 23 Sep 2008 , 8:10pm by Gefion

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 2

I just love the overpiping shell look of the London Cakes. I also have some Mary Ford books that have it in it and the tutorial on You Tube. Question is ... I am doing an IMBC cake. I should probalby do the shells in bc right? I want them to be crisp looking and have more definitiion than IMBC will give me. What icing do you think for the outlining? Appears to be like a writing icing. If I can have a steady enough hand that is!

1 reply
Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 2

The cakes at London Cakes are most likely done in royal icing, but any medium consistency buttercream should do the trick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%