Chocolate Transfer...what Chocolate To Use?

Decorating By FeGe_Cakes Updated 23 Sep 2008 , 7:02pm by Shelly4481

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 6:05am
post #1 of 6

I tried searching the threads with no luck. I have not done a chocolate transfer before and was wondering what chocolate to use and if there are any instructions on how to do so.

I have done an FBCT and a Royal Icing Transfer. The last time I did a Royal Icing Transfer on BC, the BC butter/oil bled thru the transfer and altered the color.

Any help will be appreciated, I need to work on my Mod Mom w/ umbrella for a baby shower this week.

TIA!

5 replies
FeGe_Cakes Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone?

Iggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iggy Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 6

Use Merckens chocolate if you can get it. It's so much better than Wilton's chocolate discs. If you plan on coloring it make sure you get gel colors made only for chocolate. They have oil in them. If you use regular colors, they have water and the chocolate will seize up and the only way you can fix that is to add small amounts of shortening until it gets creamy again but that is very difficult with white chocolate.

Iggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iggy Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 6

Use Merckens chocolate if you can get it. It's so much better than Wilton's chocolate discs. If you plan on coloring it make sure you get gel colors made only for chocolate. They have oil in them. If you use regular colors, they have water and the chocolate will seize up and the only way you can fix that is to add small amounts of shortening until it gets creamy again but that is very difficult with white chocolate.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 5:28pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you very much!

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 6

I have used the almond bark, if you need to color the white I put the color in first with a touch of crisco and then I melt the chocolate. Works for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%