Question About Chocolate Cake

Decorating By Cakey1865 Updated 23 Sep 2008 , 1:37am by SharonK1973

Cakey1865 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey1865 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 7

Ok so is it possible to make a moist chocolate cake? I seen the sour cream for white or vanilla cake to help keep it moist can you do this for chocolate cake also....help me please....
Thanks in advance,
Jodi icon_confused.gif

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 12:09am
post #2 of 7

I made the chocolate cake on the Hershey can and it is super moist! I just LUV'D this cake! (It may be the beginning of the last time I can say "I'm a mix baker" icon_redface.gif )

Cakey1865 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey1865 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 12:56am
post #3 of 7

Im doing a smores cake for taste of the bayou and I have to have 600 samples so I was gonna make 600 mini cupcakes and since its so many I gotta bake a little in advance so I was just wondering what I can do to make them extra moist so they will not dry out before the event...im looking for any advice on this even can I spray them with sugar water before I decorate them at the event because I was going to bake them here then decorate at the event.....So help please...lol.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 1:14am
post #4 of 7

the hersey's chocolate cake is to die for... so moist... have to make it for my daughters b/d each year.

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 1:16am
post #5 of 7

I also use a recipe from a Hershey's container....... the "Black Magic Cake". It is super moist and yummy. Even if I accidentally overbake it......still perfectly moist and wonderful. Everyone loves it and friends/family make up excuses to request it. I even had a girlfriend who prides herself on her cooking and baking sheepishly tell me one day.....your chocolate cake is better than mine! icon_smile.gif
So easy too.....I hardly feel like I can take credit. Give it a try.
Heather

mija10417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mija10417 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 1:18am
post #6 of 7

Putting them in the freezer until you need them will help keep them moist.

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 1:37am
post #7 of 7

I agree about the cake on the back of the Hershey's box. I think the boiling water and oil makes it soooo moist. I have been making it for over 20 years now and never had a complain, but ALWAYS compliments! It freezes perfectly too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%