Help! Anyone Made The Sharks From Hello Cupcake?

Baking By jen1977 Updated 6 Dec 2008 , 10:58am by shanasweets

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone tried these yet? I'm trying thouts for his birthday tonight, and they look like melty grey blobs! I think my Twinkies were too fresh! Has anyone made these yet?

6 replies
shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 7

I have the book but haven't made the shark cupcakes yet. If you figure out what went wrong, be sure to post. There are so many cute ideas in that book
icon_smile.gif

jen1977 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 7

Well, the sharks have broken in half. I think the Twinkies were too fresh, or maybe the angle wasn't cut right, or both. Oh well. Poor ds will have to take different cupcakes tonight!

jen1977 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 7

BTW...the cookies that you slide in for the top fin totally squished the Twinkie too. I cut the slit just like the book said!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 12:46pm
post #5 of 7

Sorry things didn't go well for you. I have the book, but I haven't made them either. I know this doesn't help you now, but here's the website for the book. Maybe you can ask them what went wrong.
http://www.hellocupcakebook.com/Talk_To_Hello_Cupcake.html

ozgirl42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozgirl42 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 10:35am
post #6 of 7

I have only recently got the cupcake book and made the sharks for a class party at my son's school. I don't think we can get twinkies here in Australia so I used sponge fingers. They're hard and you usually use them in things like trifle or tiramisu where you can soak them softer with juice, coffee or liquer. They worked really well.

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 10:58am
post #7 of 7

i made these once, but did it smaller and with fondant, just used her shark as a reference

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%