Gum Ball Machine Cake

Decorating By CreativeGirl220 Updated 23 Sep 2008 , 1:11pm by bobwonderbuns

CreativeGirl220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeGirl220 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 6

Can someone please tell me how to make a gum ball machine cake? I know I need the round glass fish bowl with gum balls. But for below the bowl do you have to do any carving on the cakes?

5 replies
OhioBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhioBaker Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 12:14pm
post #2 of 6

I don't have the answer, but here's a bump because I'd like to know too. icon_biggrin.gif

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 12:38pm
post #3 of 6

http://www.womansday.com/Recipes/Gumball-Machine-Cake

Hope it works. If not, go to womans day . com and look up gumball cake...directions are there.

cmerola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmerola Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 11:01am
post #4 of 6

Made one this summer. I used a plastic fish bowl that I bought at Petco. It wasn't as heavy as the glass bowl. Make sure you support the layers ,the gumballs are real heavy. I did carve the top cover and the top layer of the machice. Please let me know if there is anything else you would like to know. Sorry I can't make my picture small enough to attach, but you should be able to see it in my photos.
Cheryl

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 12:55pm
post #5 of 6

I have a gumball cake in my photos. I put 3 round cake together and carved them into the shape that I wanted. I put straws in them for support. I couldn't find a round fish bowl, so I went to the Dollar Tree and got a glass bowl used to hold candles.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 1:11pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for that advice -- I've always wondered how to make one of those cakes! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%