First Cc's In A Long Time - ? About Mix/recipe

Baking By 4laynes Updated 21 Sep 2008 , 3:14pm by MacsMom

4laynes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4laynes Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 6:58am
post #1 of 6

Hey all! It's been years since I've made cupcakes (not that I don't like them, I just haven't had a reason to). I'm making cupcakes for a birthday party tomorrow and I'm wondering if I can use the usual WASC recipe that I use for cakes? Does it do well for cupcakes or should I just follow the recipe on the box?

Thanks!
Bev

5 replies
auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 7:35am
post #2 of 6

It should work great! Have fun!

chinadoll652003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chinadoll652003 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 8:28am
post #3 of 6

I will be trying them myself next week for my daughter's b-day. Don't see any reason why it wouldn't make cupcakes. My recipe says it does. I have made it before for a cake and I know it makes quite a bit. Wonder if the mix freezes?

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 10:30am
post #4 of 6

Just go ahead and bake the cc, then freeze them. They are nice to have, you can use them for a quick dessert or when company comes. I usually put them in a ziplock freezer bag and then into a plastic airtight container. It works great, you can keep them for several weeks.

4laynes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4laynes Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the quick response! I'll use the WASC recipe I'm familiar with. My plan is to make the amount of cupcakes that I need and pour the rest of the batter in a small cake pan for us to eat. Bonus!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 3:14pm
post #6 of 6

I've used the WASC for cupcakes and they got praise like no other! (You can succesfully cut the recipe in half).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%