Crisco Butter Flavor!!!!

Decorating By Frankyola Updated 21 Sep 2008 , 8:36pm by Frankyola

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 5:57am
post #1 of 9

Does anyone have used crisco butter flavor instead of the regular for the butter cream?

I would like to use but I don't know if it makes any difference can any body help me? icon_redface.gif

Thank You so much!!
Frankyia

8 replies
andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 6:29am
post #2 of 9

Now this is just my experience, but I think it gives BC a terrible flavor, I stay away from it at all cost. Others may have had better results, but I prefer to use regular crisco and get my flavors from emulsions and extracts. Depending on how the frosting needs to set up I will use part real butter along with the crisco for the butter flavor. Good luck!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 12:32pm
post #3 of 9

I used it once ... ONCE .... in my cookies. Let's just say I only did that ONCE and eventually we threw the almost-full can right in the trash.

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 9

I agree with the previous posts.....did not like it. thumbsdown.gif bgut, I do think that I read another post awhile back where some people did like it.

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 9

I don't like it or use it. You can't get true colors from buttercream because it tints it a weird shade of yellow. I think it gives cookies a really weird taste, too. I used my can to grease pans only, otherwise I would have thrown it in the trash, too.

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 9

Hhhmm, wish I would have read this before I bought the can yesterday icon_sad.gif I thought it was going to be a GREAT find....oh well, maybe I can use it to fry some chicken or something icon_smile.gif

cous2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cous2010 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 5:27pm
post #7 of 9

I bought a can, used it on a small batch of BC (yuck!)

Luckily, my parents were able to use it after Ike, while without power, to fry some chicken icon_smile.gif

cous2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cous2010 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 5:30pm
post #8 of 9

I bought a can, used it on a small batch of BC (yuck!)

Luckily, my parents were able to use it after Ike, while without power, to fry some chicken icon_smile.gif

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 8:36pm
post #9 of 9

Thank You for all your comments, so it looks like I am going to fry chicken soon icon_lol.gif , yesterday I bought 1 3lbs. crisco butter flavor icon_cry.gif

Thank you so much for your help.
Frankyia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%