Carolina Cake Show

Decorating By lbass Updated 7 Oct 2008 , 8:02pm by rkljazz

MsTonyasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsTonyasCakes Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 12:30pm
post #31 of 41

I was behind you, propping my butt on the back of the flower pot! I was absolutely exhausted from Carowinds! Next year, we'll all have to wear something that identifies us as CC members so we can all meet in person! That's really cool that so many cc'ers were there.

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 1:10pm
post #32 of 41

I can see it in my head now...............a pink t-shirt that says on the front:
"Cake Central Member" ........and on the back "Let them eat cake"!

or something like that!

just a thought!!!!!!

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 1:18pm
post #33 of 41

I saw about 6 cakes at the show that I didn't realize were CC members until I saw them in the gallery. I saw about 5 that I knew were CC members.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:44am
post #34 of 41

i won a blue ribbon on the charm city cake with duff, geof, ben, and mary alice on it... i made the cake brick and the bakery itself is on top... sonya took pictures of most of them and mine is on those pictures.

wendalynn11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendalynn11 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 1:45am
post #35 of 41

icer101-I loved that cake...so cute! I am glad you won with that cake! Congrats!

MsTonyasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsTonyasCakes Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:46pm
post #36 of 41

Oh, the Charm City cake was great! It inspired my daughter to do a Jonas Brothers cake for next year. She started it Sunday afternoon! I told her I would really like to have my coffee table back for at least a week before we cover it again with fondant, gumpaste, tools, mats, etc, etc, etc!

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 3:06pm
post #37 of 41

That Charm City Cakes cake was awesome! I mean you could tell who the people were suppose to be by just looking at them. Their faces looked just like them. I especially liked Mary Alice. I took a picture of every cake there, but I took about 4 pics of this one.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 26 Sep 2008 , 10:18pm
post #38 of 41

just got back on this thread... thank you all, that commented on my charm city cake.... one of my friends sent it in to maryalice... she put it on their blog... i seen it today... thats kinda neat.. anyway , thanks again , for liking it...

boatorr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boatorr Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 7:22pm
post #39 of 41

ah i figured there had to be some posts on the Carolina Cake show. Seems the all the people on CC did really well. This was my first show and cant wait to do more. Are their any other groups besides ICES? I am not sure if i will enter next year but if so i would love to put a face with some of these cakes. Great job everyone.

Cherie206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cherie206 Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 7:35pm
post #40 of 41

I am a fellow NC cake decorator! I have not participated in a show yet, however I think I might want to try for next year. I would love to chat with other fellow NC decorators!! I am in Apex, NC (suburb of Raleigh). I mostly make cakes for friends and family, I haven't charged for many cakes and I love this website!!

rkljazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkljazz Posted 7 Oct 2008 , 8:02pm
post #41 of 41

Cherie, your cakes are SO cute! I love the one with the monkeys! I am based in S. Durham and I'm just starting to sell cakes in the last few months. Good luck with your business, feel free to contact me with cake talk and stuff!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%