Beer Mug

Decorating By sweettreats36 Updated 22 Sep 2008 , 2:25am by sweettreats36

sweettreats36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreats36 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 12:40am
post #1 of 6

This was my first cake I have ever done and it was coming out great icon_biggrin.gif . The cakes baked wonderful, and I even loved my buttercream. I stacked the layers and iced but when I made the handle and stuck it in the cake it kept falling out and pulling my icing with it. I was on a time crunch,the cake was for my brother and aunt's birthday party. I was so ashamed to send this cake to the party but I had no other aternative icon_cry.gif Where Did I go wrong icon_redface.gif ?

5 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 12:46am
post #2 of 6

The exact same thing happened to me last weekend with my beer mug - I did finally get mine to work. I covered my mug with fondant and then made a handle out of wire and covered fondant round it leaving a long end of wire on either end of the handle - I then used gum glue to adhere it to the mug - it took about 10 tried of different things to finally get this to work!!

did you take pics of the cake - just wondering what icing/how big/handle type etc etc....

I'm so sorry that happened - I almost dropped mine when I was taking it to the party!

sweettreats36 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 12:42am
post #3 of 6

I did Take a Picture, but I have tried to down load and for some reason I can't get it too. I'm lost at that also icon_redface.gif Thanks for responding, I'm glad you did get urs to work. I work love to see ur pics. I will keep trying but if u pm me I would be glad to email u the picture.

sugarplumfairycanada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarplumfairycanada Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 12:55am
post #4 of 6

I made a beer mug cake too. I stacked 4 6" rounds covered in fondant. For the handle I made it out of 50/50 fondant/gumpaste. Into the 2 ends that went into the cake I inserted bamboo skewers before it dried. When I put the handle on the cake I inserted 2 straws into the cake so the skewers would not tear the cake once inserted inside the straws. They never moved. Hope this make sense.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 12:57am
post #5 of 6

go to shrinkpictures.com to make your pictures small enough to download here. I had a big problem when I was first trying to post pics too.

You can see my beer mug cake in my pics here.

let me know after you try the shrinkpictres website if you still can't get them to load.

sweettreats36 Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 2:25am
post #6 of 6

That does make sense how u secure ur handle thanks for the details. I also tried shrinking my pricture and it did'nt work. But thanks for the know how anyway.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%