Scary Halloween Party Cakes,bloody Fingers Recipe?

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 25 Sep 2008 , 12:58am by sparklynne

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 7

I have a customer whose daughters are having a halloween party this year.She wants a scary,goulish halloween cake for the teenagers party...I have searched here and on the web and only found a few that I think I could do fairly easily.Some out there are too complicated for me! icon_redface.gif

Does anyone have any other cake pics they can post...Witches cauldrons...etc..

Also I am looking for a recipe..tutorial on how to make the bloody finger cookies or whatever they are...Any help!!

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 7

you could use a ball pan, make it look like a cauldron.. roll out some fondant eye balls, add some dark red piping gel or icing to the *brew* ..

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 7

This is one of my favorite halloween pages- I go back to it every year! Lots of Recipes/ Ideas!

http://www.britta.com/HW/HWr.html#eyeballs

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 7

great website! Thanks. icon_smile.gif
Jen...

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 7

This may not fit the Halloween you had in mind, but it is one of my favorite horror cakes! You can always change detals to make it more Halloween'ish...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_862593.html

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 2:56am
post #6 of 7

there is a picture in the gallery with the bloody fingers cookies. Here is a link, maybe you could ask her for her recipe.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1152056

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 25 Sep 2008 , 12:58am
post #7 of 7

I actually have a picture in my gallery of a severed arm cake I did for our annual Halloween party. It looks a lot more labor intensive than it actually was. If you know how to use fondant and are not afraid of carving cakes you could very easily do this. I made mine with a complete skeletal system inside but u could omit this part if you are uncomforatable with doing this. I looked up bone structure for the arm and hand and then made white chocolate modeling clay and hand molded my bones on a piece of wax paper and kind of squished them together to stick. Then I froze them solid. I baked out a 1/2 sheet cake in Red Velvet and made a nice red fruit filling. I cut the 1/2 length wise in half and torted it I hollowed out the area I was placing my bones into,added filling and bones letting the bare fingers stay exposed from end of cake. Place next layer on top freeze entire project until firm & carved basic arm shape. frosted in bc including exposed finger bones,place fondant over and smooth.make scissor cuts at the end by the fingers and wrap each finger. Mess with your detail if necessary and use a raspberry or strawberry glaze and drizzle for blood effect. The big kids raved over this cake and loved it! I think I am going for a head or a foot this year lol Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%