Mini Cookie Pops Question...

Baking By Jayde Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 9:46pm by indydebi

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 6

I am going to make several small cookies (like 2-3 inch) and want to stick them on a cake. Can I use toothpicks and press them lightly into the dough right before I bake? Or is there a better way to do that? Sorry I havent made mini cookies before, and I have never made cookie pops either..

Thanks for the help!

5 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 6

I might use something like bamboo skewers instead, only because they'd be more stable. They are a lot longer than toothpicks, so you can have a lot of the skewer in the cookie as well as down into the cake.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Sep 2008 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 6

It may depend on thick the cookies are. Here's a cake where I made flower cookies that were just 1.5-2" wide. I used the white sucker sticks. Even with cookies this small, the weight of the cookie tended to have them lean a bit. The "grass" around the base of the cookies are more for support than for decor. It may be that I was using a single layer cake, so there wasn't much cake to support the cookie-pop.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=812133

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 6

Thx guys! I think I am going to use the lolly sticks.

Spills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spills Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 6

indydebi - "...I used the white sucker sticks..."

How do you put the lollipop sticks in your cookies? I'm doing cupcakes that have little monogrammed heart cookies on them, and I thought putting them on a stick would be better instead of them being directly on the icing. I am unsure how to do it though - do I insert them in the cookie and then bake? Or try to insert them after? Attach them with candy? (not too sure if I can do this last option though b/c of allergies).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 6

Yes to all 3 ideas!

I insert the stick before baking. Some insert the stick immediately when the cookie comes out of the oven. Some attach the stick to the back with melted chocolate or RI.

When I insert the stick into the dough, I press down slightly on the cookie to 'press' the cookie dough around the stick. Haven't had any sliding problems (the cookie sliding down the stick) since I started this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%