I read and looked at the photos on CC. I finally decided to make my husband a boob cake for his birthday. I'd like to get your honest feedback.
1. I used the Wilton sports ball pan, worked beautifully for the breasts.
2. I traced a pattern onto foam core, double layered, and covered with fondant for a torso. I debated with whether I should have just boobs, or some sort of body. I opted for the fondant covered torso base because we just didn't a lot of cake. The 2 domes were enough.
3. I iced the cups, then covered with a single piece of fondant. I got some wrinkles at the bottom edge, but they were covered mostly with the decorations.
4. I did a rope border in black for the bra and flesh for the top of the breasts. I tucked a little extra fondant in the area between the breasts on the top part to hold up the fondant. Should I have done this differently?
5. I used the round cutter for the areola and 2 of the smallest rose cutter cut outs for each nipple. I rolled the fondant 1/8" thick for cutting out nips and areola. I'm really happy with the colors and the proportions.
6. I cut a triangle of black to make the center of the bra.
7. I used strips to make the top of the cups and straps. I forgot the band strap.
8. Flower cut outs adorned the cup strips.
9. Buttercream for the cornelli lace and center dots of the "leather" flowers.
10. Gumpaste roses using the medium rose cut out from the Wilton pink rose cutter.
Some things I had issue with. The MMF did not mix well. This was my first time using it. The marshmallows didn't want to melt. And the powder sugar clumped a little bit giving me pitted spots. I had to make a small repair under the bra where my fondant stuck to the mat while I was rolling it out. I thought the breasts would cover it, but they didn't.
This cake was a lot more work then I thought it would be, but the end result was very nice. Please be honest and let me know what you would have changed if you were doing it.