Almost Bit Off More Than I Should--Long

Decorating By Mac Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 7:49pm by Mike1394

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 3:52am
post #1 of 12

Well, let me tell you...the last 2 days have been a blur.
Wanting to do something to make the evacuees smile (if even just for a few minutes)...I thought "Hey, why don't I see if any of the shelters have kids that are celebrating a birthday while they are here. I will offer to make them a cake for free". Got this wild idea Thursday...called 4 of the churches and made my offer.

The first place must have been stressed..."Ma'am we have 120 evacuees and birthdate wasn't required when they came in". icon_eek.gif "Uh, OK, thank you!" The other 3 were very much interested. So 2 of the churches called that same day and wanted a cake to serve all of the evacuees and volunteers "Just write 'Happy Birthday or God Bless' on them". One place had 150 total and the other had 80 total--for Friday.

Last night, I baked 4 half sheet cakes and 50 cupcakes until 1:30 am. Frosted cakes and cuppies this AM and delivered. This, in addition to doing my regular job of home health P.T. with 7 patients.

Well, it was worth it...it really hurts my heart to see so many people that just looked--oh, I don't know, lost or bored. Many were sitting outside visiting with each other. And the guys were all wanting to help get the cakes in. Sorry this is so long but I needed a break from the 3 LARGE cakes that I am working on tonite.

11 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 3:59am
post #2 of 12

That was really thoughtful of you Mac! I'm sure it was really appreciated!

People like you is what makes the world a better place!! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:07am
post #3 of 12

God bless you! That is so sweet of you to even think about doing that. I'm sure you brightened everyone's day.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:10am
post #4 of 12

That was wonderul act of kindness. You brought happiness to many.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:22am
post #5 of 12

That was a beautiful act of Kindness on your part. I am sure you will be rewarded 10 fold. Hope you get some rest.

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:37am
post #6 of 12

I love to hear about random acts of kindness!!

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 4:46am
post #7 of 12

God bless your soul! You don't find many people like you these days. You are truly going to receive many blessing among the ones you already have!

Open up a window, he's pouring out a blessing!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 6:22am
post #8 of 12

That was really sweet of you. icon_smile.gif What a way to help out and use your God-given talent. High five!

Teenequeene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teenequeene Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 6:23am
post #9 of 12

If only there were more wonderful people in the world like you.
2 thumbs up!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 1:05pm
post #10 of 12

good for you! I am sure they loved it! very thoughtful!

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 6:00pm
post #11 of 12

Bless your heart - we certainly need more people as kind-hearted and generous as you in this world thumbs_up.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 7:49pm
post #12 of 12

Awesome. Wonderful, wonderful thing you did.

Mike

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%