Leah! Or Anytone Who Knows - Sps Help!!!

Decorating By ccarroca Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 6:33pm by PollyMaggs

ccarroca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccarroca Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 2:09am
post #1 of 3

I got the instructions yesterday - thanks Polly and Sheryl! Leah, Hope you are doing fine after being displaced by the way.

Saw the instructions. I feel stupid - I have two bachelor degrees - go figure! What is the middle whole for? For a dowel to go through all the layers? Also those legs are placed into that middle layer too right? What keeps the two layers from sliding around - the buttercream? When you take off the each layer, does the buttercream come off with the plate?

This will be my first time doing a stackable cake. I am doing a two tier cake with a barbie cake on the top. Really way to much cake for my party but want it for the effect and to try out some new techniques - I am dying to try the diamond impression mat.

2 replies
ccarroca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccarroca Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 3

Please help

PollyMaggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PollyMaggs Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 3

You place your bottom tier on your 1st card board plate, you mark that bottom tier with the plastic plate for the top tier, so you know where to insert the legs when attached to that plate, use that plate for the top tier to mark the hole in your card board plate that your top tier will sit on ...make a hole, you insert the legs into the plastic plate and place in the bottom tier. you will have from the bottom up
card board plate, cake, plastic plate on cake, you place your top tier on cardboard plate with hole so that when you place it on the plastic plate the hole slides onto the tit on the plastic plate and that holds it in place.
I am not real good at explaining things in writting...if you like, call me...I pm'ed you my number.
HTH,
Polly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%