I'm So Sick And Have To Do A Cake, Any Of You?

Decorating By hammer1 Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 1:50am by terrig007

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 10

OH MY GOSH, I FEEL TERRIBLE AND HAVE A SMALL WEDDING CAKE TO DO. i REALLY DON'T CARE AT THIS POINT. GLAD THE CAKE AND ICING WERE MADE BY MY PARTNER. ALL I HAVE TO DO IS THE CREATIVE PART. FLOWERS ETC. I THOUGHT I MIGHT SPEND THE NIGHT JUST READING CC AFTER THE CAKE IS DONE. ANYONE ELSE SICK OR HAVE A STORY WHEN YOU HAD TO WORK WHILE ILL.
I'M CRAVING FRENCH ONION, MAYBE HUBBY CAN FIND ME SOME..HAVE A GOOD EVENING.

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 10

Sorry to hear you are feeling so downicon_sad.gif
"all I have to do is the creative part"
That is the worst part when you are sick! How it all works out for you.
at least it is a small cake.....what if it was like 10 tiersicon_smile.gif

Cakenator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenator Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 12:58am
post #3 of 10

My worse cake night ever was while I was quitting smoking and was going through nicotine withdraws. It was awful! Just stay focused, and get the cake done and you will feel better in the morning...

peanut13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peanut13 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 1:14am
post #4 of 10

My worst cake day was when I had 4 cakes due the same weekend and 3 were for the same client...one of which was a groom's cake. I had worked all week and was already exhausted. I had to recruit my cousin for help. I was so tired and frustrated by the time Sunday arrived...which was when the final cake (groom's cake) was due. I was just ready to quit. It was so stressful until I told people I was taking a break for a while. I need to get my energy back.

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 1:23am
post #5 of 10

Oh yes, I totally relate. I did a cake a few months ago, when I had the flu. I really hated every moment of it, hated the cake, until the end and it turned out o.k. I didn't think it would, wanted to throw a tantrum but I held it together and got it done. My sister-in-law picked it up and delivered it 7o miles away, and you guessed it, it ended up smashed, took a corner way too fast, so that was really hard to hear after all the work involved, and being so sick besides.
It is the second cake in my gallery, I did end up fixing the smudge and the bow, so it did look better than the picture, its funny how I don't see mistakes sometimes until I see a picture of it. Well anyway it did end up o.k. but it was all for nothing.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 1:27am
post #6 of 10

I think I'm getting ready to have my worst night hubby is on the phone with the Air conditioning guy its hot in my house and I have a cake due tomorrow at 6:30 PM it's hot here the cake is suppose to be like the one in the picture on my avater icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif it's suppose to be a donation to a auction for a lady that is very sick, she is in need of money for medical bills and the community is getting together to help her icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Molly

I'm Sorry hammer that you feel so bad I'll prob feel really really bad when this guy send us the the Air Conditioning bill icon_sad.gif

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 1:31am
post #7 of 10

Here! Here! I work full time and this week particularly I have made cakes ALL week. Although I love doing them, I am exhausted. My body is kinda sore and achy and my head hurts....only good thing is that the last two I have to do are fairly simple.... I hope you feel better soon!

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 1:31am
post #8 of 10

Here! Here! I work full time and this week particularly I have made cakes ALL week. Although I love doing them, I am exhausted. My body is kinda sore and achy and my head hurts....only good thing is that the last two I have to do are fairly simple.... I hope you feel better soon!

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 1:39am
post #9 of 10

A few months ago I had a cake to do and came down with the flu. It was too late to back out at that point. I had the cake baked and the frosting made so that helped.

I went to the local dug store and bought a box of surgical type masks and some gloves. I wore them whenever I was anywhere near the kitchen and I washed my hands twice as much as usual. I got through and no one got sick but it was pretty miserable.

C

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 1:50am
post #10 of 10

I hope you feel better. I am also sick and had to do a cake twice. It spinned on to the floor today when using the bench scraper so I had to make a new cake and just got done icing it again. It's free so I'm not going to knock myself out to make it "perfect". I'm sure your cake will be beautiful. Sending good thoughts your way,
terri

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%