Lets Exchange Recipes For Favorite Holiday Candies And Gifts

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 20 Dec 2009 , 6:56pm by bobwonderbuns

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 29 Sep 2008 , 11:47pm
post #181 of 568

Thanks fiddle~ Billy is doing wonderful! he's going to have a hard time going back as we are having so much fun here!! I really hate to see him go back, but hopefully it's only for a short time. He's enjoying our cooled down Michigan weather. I'm having a big Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night for family and some friends here. have the outdoor fireplace raring to go with some wine and then a big meal planned. It's so good having him home. It's going to feel so empty with him gone again.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:46am
post #182 of 568

vickymacd....Tell him THANK YOU for all he does for us and our country. His definately is a hero thumbs_up.gif

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 1:50am
post #183 of 568

Does anyone have a recipe for Caramel Apple Fudge? I really really want this recipe. Oh and I have a caramel recipe that once I locate it I will post it. It is so yummy.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:08pm
post #184 of 568

Thats great Vicky !Tell him how much we appreciate him, its because of him we all get to be free and play on CC. Enjoy your early Thanksgiving and FATTEN him up while you can !

vickymacd Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:12pm
post #185 of 568

Thanks everyone~ will let Billy know, but he loves what he does so it's no problem for him!
Gotta get to my Turkey fixings!

vickymacd Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:31pm
post #186 of 568

Okay, I think I got this site mixed up with another posting on CC, but here is from last year some Halloween things I made.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1155137

fiddlesticks Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 12:49pm
post #187 of 568

vickymacd.. Your thinking of that Post your fav Halloween creation thread that we have been on LOL! Great goodie tray though !

vickymacd Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:21pm
post #188 of 568

Yep, these threads are starting to get crazy! Thanks for the comment!!
Just finishing up on the Turkey dinner for tonight. Got bored this morning and decided that 'something' is still missing.....so I made caramel apples, rolled in peanuts (the apples, not me!) and drizzled in chocolate. Put them in baggies and everyone will get one at their spot at the table to take home.
LL

nickshalfpint Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 5:39pm
post #189 of 568

mmmmmmmmmm those look yummy. I love caramel apples =) I miss the days when I could eat a whole one and there were no consequences icon_cry.gif

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 6:26pm
post #190 of 568

Vicky, you are so creative!

GrandmaG Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:34pm
post #191 of 568

Could some one direct me to the thread with the home made vanilla? I can't remember where I read that. Thanks!

nickshalfpint Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:44pm
post #192 of 568

Is this it?
http://forum.cakecentral.com/c.....t-663.html

Hmmmmm that one isn't working. Try this one talks about it and has good links to making your own. Go to page 5
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-602768.html

And this one, check the last page
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-583550-90.html

GrandmaG Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:02pm
post #193 of 568

Thank you so much halfpint! You saved me a lot of time. I couldn't find it for the life of me. The second one was it. Can't wait to make my own!

nickshalfpint Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:58pm
post #194 of 568

No problem icon_biggrin.gif I saved the links because hopefully one day I'll make my own vanilla.

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 1:17am
post #195 of 568

Has everyone had enough of the candy poems? I know most of you know the one for the story of the candy cane but I found a pretty cool one for how M&Ms tell the Christmas story. I'd post it now but not sure if everyone would appericate me cluttering up the thread with this sort of thing.
Sherri

fiddlesticks Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 1:38am
post #196 of 568

justgale.. Go for it ..I love all of them ! Never know when there might be one someone has not seen before !!

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 1:54am
post #197 of 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by justgale

Has everyone had enough of the candy poems? I know most of you know the one for the story of the candy cane but I found a pretty cool one for how M&Ms tell the Christmas story. I'd post it now but not sure if everyone would appericate me cluttering up the thread with this sort of thing.
Sherri

I'd like to have this one. I haven't seen it before. Thanks ahead of time!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:36am
post #198 of 568

Christmas Candy M&Ms
As you hold these candies
In your hand,
And turn them,
You will see.
The M becomes a W,
An E, and then a 3.
They tell the Christmas story,
It's one I'm sure you know.
It took place in a stable.
A long, long, time ago.
The E is for the East,
Where the star shone so bright.
The M is for the Manger,
Where Baby Jesus slept that night.
The 3 is for the Wise men,
Bearing gifts, they say they came.
W is for Worship, Hallelujah, Praise His Name.
So as you eat these candies,
Or share them with a friend.
Remember the meaning of Christmas,
It's a Love story that never ends.
by Pam Ridenour

nickshalfpint Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:37am
post #199 of 568

I love the candy poems. Keep em coming!!!!!!!!!!

nickshalfpint Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 2:43am
post #200 of 568

justgale, I really like that one it. I think I'm going to have to use it this christmas. How did you package them?

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 5:10am
post #201 of 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshalfpint

justgale, I really like that one it. I think I'm going to have to use it this christmas. How did you package them?

Me too! I love all these ideas! I'm thinking that maybe I'll do up some baskets for the girls' teachers with all kinds of things like this in it. Thanks so much everyone for sharing your amazing and inspiring creativity!! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 11:40am
post #202 of 568

justgale. Are you going to post the one about the candy cane ?

vickymacd Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 10:20pm
post #203 of 568

I know I have the one about the candy cane too, but just have to find it. there is even a book on it!!! Obviously, the candy cane is a 'J' which is what the story is about.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:35pm
post #204 of 568

I'm trying to compile a list of old-fashioned candies -- stuff grandma made that we can make for our broods today: peanut brittle, taffy, fudge, opera cremes... Come on people, think!! icon_biggrin.gif

GrandmaG Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:41pm
post #205 of 568

My Grandma always made Meringues & Peanut clusters, & Peanut Brittle. We came from a small town so it was actually a treat for us to get bought candy!

fiddlesticks Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 7:57pm
post #206 of 568

My grandma made divinity (sp) and also some of the ones you posted ! I dont have a recipe from her im sorry to say !

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:23pm
post #207 of 568

I'm interested to know what opera cremes are. My grandma too made divinity, fudge & apple stack cake, but my grandpa made the brittle. I make everything they did except divinity--I hate the stuff but dh loves it.

nickshalfpint Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:40pm
post #208 of 568

My great-grandma made divinity, but I remeber if the weather wasn't right she wouldn't make it. She said it wouldn't work if it was raining or humid. I have the recipe, but havn't had the courage to make it. I'm a chicken!

nickshalfpint Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 8:52pm
post #209 of 568

Opera creme mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Does anyone have a recipe that is tried and true. My GG made that too, but unfortunately no one got that recipe icon_cry.gif

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 9:26pm
post #210 of 568

I'm sorry if I'm dumb.... what are opera cremes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%