Funny Email Last Night

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 21 Sep 2008 , 12:09pm by aligotmatt

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 13

Just thought I'd share this Friday Funny. icon_lol.gif This week I am completely full with orders-so busy I am afraid of finishing on time. Last night a EIGHT icon_surprised.gif I get the following email. She seems like a sweet girl, and a good friend, but come on! Where do people think we pull these cakes out of? icon_lol.gif

why did I NOT discover you sooner? tomorrow is my best friends 30th birthday. i love your whimsical cakes. we are having a dinner at XX in Uptown dallas for 25. what are the chances you could create a whimsical cake by tomorrow evening? she is fashionable, single, sassy, just won best employee award, a little nerdy, loves monkies and the color purple, was a cheerleader at LSU, has a weird affinity for sticking her tongue out like the rolling stones logo, loves word games and her most cherished christmas present from santa was a typewriter, just celebrated in NYC with her sisters..........can you possibly create a version of your three tiered topsy turvy fourth of july 30 topper with fondant monkie, wired flowers, feather boa cake. i know this may be a rush impossibility, but just wanted to try.

So, I am suppossed to get a 3 tiered topsy turvy cake ready on Friday morning. icon_lol.gif

12 replies
lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 13

You will be able to do this right? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

At least she really knows her friend, too bad she doesn't care enough to plan ahead for a cake!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 13

Did you tell her $600? icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 10:34pm
post #4 of 13

good lord, i HATE the people who go on and with the dang descriptions....you're supposed to put all that crap on that cake...ugh....

last minute people should not be so dang picky....geeze i guess they are everywhere.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 11:20pm
post #5 of 13

My fantasy email to this twit:

Dear Dumba$$:

How nice that you waited until the very last second to make arrangements for a nice cake for someone you call your very best friend. Your level of attention to this very special day for her is indescribeable.

My standard price for a 3-tier cake with all of the bells and whistles that you describe is $600 and would normally take 3-4 days to create, and that's assuming it was ordered with my standard 4 weeks notice. The price for magically pulling it out of my a$$ at the last minute and for your assumption that I'm got nothing else to do but sit here and wait for you to contact me at the last minute is an add'l $1000.

Will that be cash or American Express? And I need the payment within the hour.

icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

summernoelle Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:22am
post #6 of 13

Indydebi, you make me laugh. icon_smile.gif

dbax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dbax Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:46am
post #7 of 13

How did I not discover you sooner???
I could have sent all the people who ask if I do this for a living, (which I don't) to you, because your cakes are amazing (sincerely!!)
. . . and since it is apparent you can pull one out of your A-- that beautiful well you truly are amazing icon_wink.gif

would that we could, this whole cake thing would be ... well, cake!

if they only knew!

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 5:58am
post #8 of 13

So I have a question for you?? Did you do the cake..............LMAO! Just kidding, but you gotta love those requests don't you!!!!!!

summernoelle Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 1:57pm
post #9 of 13

Oh no no no no I did not do that cake! I just told her I was completely booked and that there was no way I could do something that quickly. Then I told her (seriously, I did) that if she needed something nice on that short of notice that she could get a good tasting cake at the Cheesecake Factory.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 1:31am
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Just thought I'd share this Friday Funny. icon_lol.gif This week I am completely full with orders-so busy I am afraid of finishing on time. Last night a EIGHT icon_surprised.gif I get the following email. She seems like a sweet girl, and a good friend, but come on! Where do people think we pull these cakes out of? icon_lol.gif

why did I NOT discover you sooner? tomorrow is my best friends 30th birthday. i love your whimsical cakes. we are having a dinner at XX in Uptown dallas for 25. what are the chances you could create a whimsical cake by tomorrow evening? she is fashionable, single, sassy, just won best employee award, a little nerdy, loves monkies and the color purple, was a cheerleader at LSU, has a weird affinity for sticking her tongue out like the rolling stones logo, loves word games and her most cherished christmas present from santa was a typewriter, just celebrated in NYC with her sisters..........can you possibly create a version of your three tiered topsy turvy fourth of july 30 topper with fondant monkie, wired flowers, feather boa cake. i know this may be a rush impossibility, but just wanted to try.

So, I am suppossed to get a 3 tiered topsy turvy cake ready on Friday morning. icon_lol.gif

What I want to know is how is somebody that she describes as fashionable, sassy and an LSU cheerleader also nerdy? That is cracking me up icon_lol.gif You gotta love these young ones!

orianadalyyorkshire8656 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
orianadalyyorkshire8656 Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 11:41am
post #11 of 13

Ha she thinks you have like , NOTHING to do! icon_biggrin.gif

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 12:05pm
post #12 of 13

Oh well, lets cut her a break..maybe she really didn't think about getting an awesome cake until she saw your cake and thought, "I want one of those!!"... and she probably figured, "Heck, it can't hurt to ask!"..

It was nice you replied to her and gave her another option.. Maybe she'll contact you again and give you a little more notice next time..!

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 12:09pm
post #13 of 13

I have certainly gotten calls and emails like that. But never quite that extensive of a design overnight... Your response was nice, I bet she will plan ahead and order from you another time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%