Mmf Animal Help

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 19 Sep 2008 , 9:42pm by cylstrial

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 8

I'm getting ready to make some animals for my son's birthday cake. Where do you get the eyeball (for the white of the eye) cutouts? Is there such a thing? Or do you just do it by hand?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

7 replies
rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 8

To make the whites of the eyes, I usually make little indentions in the head where the eyes are and use little balls of fondant in them. I dab just a tiny bit of water or fondant glue on the back of the balls before placing in the "eye socket" to help them stick. To make the colored part of the eye, I either use one of the round decorating tips to cut out a piece of fondant or just make 2 tiny balls and flatten them before placing on the white of the eye. Hope that makes sense!

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 8

I use the same method as RCS, except I also flatten the whites once in the head. I just do this a tad, to make sure the animal doesn't look like his eyes are popping out of his head.

HTH

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandifrye

I use the same method as RCS, except I also flatten the whites once in the head. I just do this a tad, to make sure the animal doesn't look like his eyes are popping out of his head.

HTH

True!! Unless you're going for that "Deer caught in the headlights" look!! (Forgot about the flattening the whites out a little bit) Thanks!

cylstrial Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

Can I ask another question? How do you do the spots for a giraffe or for a zebra?

Thanks again!!

Cmaysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cmaysa Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 7:48pm
post #6 of 8

Hi cylstrial

i did some cupcakes with jungle animals on it, i use fondant and did everything by hand.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1265665

Hope it helps

Hollysuann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollysuann Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 8:10pm
post #7 of 8

I did fondant animals and used the edible markers that you can buy at any craft store and drew the lines on the zebra. The picture is in my photos.

cylstrial Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 9:42pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you so much Cmaysa and Hollysuann! Your little animals were adorable and so much help! I added them to my favorites so that I can quickly look at back at them for inspiration!

Thanks for sharing with me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%