Painting My Ri Tiara

Decorating By Shannie13 Updated 19 Sep 2008 , 4:31am by bizatchgirl

Shannie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:24am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,

I have just finished my daughter's RI tiara for her 5th birthday cake and have picked up the pearl dust in the colour that I absolutely love. My question is how to use the pearl dust. Do you just dip a brush into the liquid (in this case it will be absolute vodka) and then in the dust or do you dissolve it in a certain amount? If anyone can help me in this I would so greatly appreciate it! I am a little nervous to do a trial and error test as the dust is a little expensive for a possible 1 time use.

thanks in advance
Shannie

3 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:30am
post #2 of 4

Looks like the rest of your post was cut off. Sometimes that happens when you type text that is automatically highlighted. In this case, p-e-t-a-l d-u-s-t was the culprit. Can you try again?

Shannie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 4:21am
post #3 of 4

Okay trying again...lol.

I have just finished my daughter's tiara and picked up the dust...lol ...in the colour that I would like to use. Now I am wondering as there is no instruction as to how exactly to use it, whether I use a dip method, as in dip the paint brush in the desired liquid and then in the dust and paint along the lines, or whether I dissolve the dust in the liquid. And if so what amounts do I need...I know a little dust goes a long way and I am so nervous to do a trial and error method because this is my 4th tiara and it hasn't broken yet (knocks on wood).

thanks so much for any help!
Shannie

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 4:31am
post #4 of 4

I think it depends on the look you are going for. It seems with the metallics you'll get a much richer look with the liquid, but I don't ever get my mixture right icon_cry.gif You can mix the dust with vodka or extract.

Maybe someone will chime in and give us the magic ratio that prevents streaking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%