How Do You Feel Answering Pm When They Ask Like This??

Decorating By wendy1273 Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 7:01pm by Price

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:07am
post #61 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJean

You can pm me that way anytime. I agree completely. I don't like meaningless conversation, for the sake of being politeâ¦.. I for one hate when I get a phone call and they start out, how are you today? Is everything going okay with you? Would you donate some money to me?. Don't try to be my friend, only to get what you want.

I love pm's or comments about my cakes but if they want to know how something is done, they can just ask me, "wow, how did you do that?"

Abso-freaking-lutely agree! This is what I refer to as âfake-n-phonyâ â¦. They couldnât give a ratâs behind on how I am today. Iâm busy ⦠get to the point.

As a former customer service manager, it was my job to teach my staff how to cut out the chit chat on the phone and get to the point ⦠the lines were lit up and we had to move on those calls. When I would get a call with the âHow are you today?â BS, I wouldnât even answer the question ⦠Iâd move right into âHow can I help you today?â Not rudely ⦠a smile in my voice .. but making it clear Iâm not here to chit chat.

So all you short PMâers â¦.. feel bad no more because I luv âem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Ok, you know me, I have a million opinions and for some reason think everyone wants to hear them icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif â¦. But, for those of you who do want to shoot the breeze, I love that, too. I will yak until I'm blue in the face. (As evidenced right here... hehehe)

Abso-freaking-lutely agree again! (gosh, Iâm a complicated child!)

So all you long-winded PMâers â¦.. feel bad no more because I luv âem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodthi32

I have wondered about this! I have read some one line requests for "THE directions" (as if they even exist) ................

This thread kinda makes me feel insufficient â¦. Do you guys really write down step by step instructions for every cake you do? Really? No kidding? Because I never, ever, ever even thought of doing that and the other side of that is I probably never will just because Iâve never seen the need. (and she shuffles down the road, her head hung low in shame!)

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:37am
post #62 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

This thread kinda makes me feel insufficient â¦. Do you guys really write down step by step instructions for every cake you do? Really? No kidding? Because I never, ever, ever even thought of doing that and the other side of that is I probably never will just because Iâve never seen the need. (and she shuffles down the road, her head hung low in shame!)

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif Oh...so I am not supposed to do a step by step guide on how I do my cakes???.... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Edna icon_wink.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:43am
post #63 of 152

Edna you are so funny! Of course YOU have to do it ... 'coz you do awesome cakes!!! Mine are very plain compared to most on here! icon_redface.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 4:06am
post #64 of 152

Scrap the tutorials, I just want Edna's brain put in my empty skull, and her hands grafted to the ends of my arms. Ok... that was kind of sick. Maybe I'll just go hang out with her and learn a few tricks... there is really no need to play 'saw' with poor Edna. She never hurt anyone... icon_redface.gif Still love ya, and promise I'm not going to hack you up in your sleep.

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 4:27am
post #65 of 152

I greatly appreciate all of the help you experts so freely give, and the time you take to do so. This thread had me in a panic that I've missed some thank you's somewhere. I sure hope not!!! I do try to be succinct and friendly at the same time. I loved your such and such and I want to do something similar. Do you have any advice/tips/suggestions? I have no idea how to do this part...

Melvira, I so totally agree. Since we like Edna and don't want to hack off the important parts, maybe we can just steal a few cells and CLONE the brain and the hands and that lovely speaking voice??? LOL. See what you started! icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 6:10am
post #66 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Edna you are so funny! Of course YOU have to do it ... 'coz you do awesome cakes!!! Mine are very plain compared to most on here! icon_redface.gif

Yeah.. I bet you can do those tutorials with your eyes closed icon_cool.gificon_lol.gif

wendy1273 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendy1273 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 6:15am
post #67 of 152

Wooow!!
I been so busy that I posted this last night and I didn't time to check for replies. You are all so funny. icon_biggrin.gif

First of all I want to said that I was so afraid to post this topic because I didn't want to offend anyone. I forgot to said that some people email me asking me questions like this and sometimes I forget that they are even from CC so I just would like to hear that they saw my pics in CC and just ask the questions.
I'm also from another country so my english is not so great and I understand that some people have difficulty writing.
I really don't expect anyone to write a letter about themself or to start telling me how much they love my cake (even thought that feels good icon_lol.gif ) I just want to feel inspire to start typing step by step instructions. LOL

I can tell you that I get a lot more nicer PM's than not so nice and most of the time I will take the time to write them back but sometimes I'm so busy that I read them and forget to go back and answer. Please forgive me. If you asked for something and I haven't respond please write me back and I will answer hopefully.

I'm glad that I posted this thread because now I understand other points of views. Thank you

Sorry for my spelling and my writing is late and my son is already sleeping and he is the one that help me make sense when I'm typing icon_redface.gif

God bless
Wendy

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 6:52am
post #68 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizatchgirl

I greatly appreciate all of the help you experts so freely give, and the time you take to do so. This thread had me in a panic that I've missed some thank you's somewhere. I sure hope not!!! I do try to be succinct and friendly at the same time. I loved your such and such and I want to do something similar. Do you have any advice/tips/suggestions? I have no idea how to do this part...

Melvira, I so totally agree. Since we like Edna and don't want to hack off the important parts, maybe we can just steal a few cells and CLONE the brain and the hands and that lovely speaking voice??? LOL. See what you started! icon_biggrin.gif

oh i agree, i try to be friendly and gratious as well when i pm some one. i'malways hesitant to do so because i do know everyone's very busy; and trust me i deeply appreciate any responses as well as any help assistance etc. words alone can't relay how thankful i am icon_smile.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 11:06am
post #69 of 152

And again I'm just glad no one has PM'd me and told me to quit polluting the internet with those god awful pics. LOLOL

Mike

mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 11:07am
post #70 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Please don't think you have to have an excellent cake to post a picture of it! Regardless of how you view it, it could provide inspiration to another decorator. I understand, though, what you're saying. Someone once remarked that unless you had pictures posted, you shouldn't comment on anyone else's stuff. I didn't have anything posted at the time because I didn't have access to a digital camera. Fixed that little problem! I'm sure no one thinks less of you or your opinions because you haven't posted. I would just encourage you to post. Don't wait until the cake is "good enough" because we're all our own worst critics, and you may never be satisfied with your handiwork.

OFF TOPIC, sorry....

thanks so much GeminiRJ, for replying this. after reading your response, i braved myself to post my pics.. what do i know, i have CCers commenting on 2 of my pics!! and someone even has one of them as favorite! never in my life would i thought my cakes are worthy looking.
thanks for reassuring me.
i still have a LOT to learn here.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 11:51am
post #71 of 152

*in my best Paula Deen voice* Hey Ya'll...... icon_lol.gif I love this thread, and just wanted to say thanks to the many sharing CCers we have.. I have gotten many PMs asking for advice, and I have sent many asking for advice... I love that about CC; and I rarely get any rude PMs...
now... about those tutorials... well, honestly... at my age.... the cake I do today will be gone by tuesday from my memory icon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif If I don't write down details I will be PMing someone next week to ask for directions.... really..... yeah... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 11:59am
post #72 of 152

As far as I know I always thank people in advance. There are so many nice people on here so eager to share. I love to help others as I have been helped. I think it's only been twice someone has not replied to me and I'm hoping it's not because I was rude. I really appreciate everyones help here. I know some of you are forever getting bombarded with questions. My hat is off to you for your patience. You know who you all are!!! Thanks again to everyone !!!!! I do APPRECIATE any and all things done for me. icon_biggrin.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 12:00pm
post #73 of 152

mclaren, so glad you posted! I checked your photos, and that chocolate cake with the pink bows...YUMM! I haven't had breakfast yet, and now my mouth is watering.

And I PM'd Melvira for her malt secrets. Can't wait to give that cake a try. My husband should have stock in Carnation for how much malted milk powder he goes thru each week. Maybe I've found a cake he will like! I guess I asked nice enough, huh Melvira?

JP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JP Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 12:35pm
post #74 of 152

I came to CC to learn and get inspiration. I have PM'd three members in a few years and NOT ONE has responded. My questions have been about what pastry tips to use, I used please and thank you because that is my nature. After reading five pages of posts, I am completely disheartened.

I cannot believe that this usually open, sharing community tolerates the bashing of other members and how they ask for assistance! Now people are attempting to set up RULES for asking for help?? You don't want to share with me because I have not posted any photos? Should we be setting up a feedback and rating system, like ebay? You can have a posting under your pictures stating that if your rating is less than 10 pictures, you cannot ask a question and expect an answer.

Everyone has to follow their own moral compass on asking and answering questions. If yours tells you not to answer someone who has asked a question in a manner you don't care for, that is your option. This is just unkind.

Melvira Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 1:09pm
post #75 of 152

Yes GeminiRJ, you were borderline for a second there, but you pulled it out at the end! Hehehehehe!!! I hope hubby likes it! thumbs_up.gif

tonedna Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 1:52pm
post #76 of 152
Quote:

Scrap the tutorials, I just want Edna's brain put in my empty skull, and her hands grafted to the ends of my arms. Ok... that was kind of sick. Maybe I'll just go hang out with her and learn a few tricks... there is really no need to play 'saw' with poor Edna. She never hurt anyone... icon_redface.gif Still love ya, and promise I'm not going to hack you up in your sleep.

Did I tell you I have arthrithic hands..Oh and my brain...they voices talk to me all the time! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Edna

wendy1273 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:11pm
post #77 of 152

Another thought, many people don't have there names as their user name and please I don't want last name or anything more than what people call you so a list I can say hello so and so and good luck so and so.

I want to also thanks all the wonderful people that has help me to get where I am because most of my knowledge I got from here, and thanks for all the beautiful PM's that I got after this post. I went to bed last night after 2:00 AM replying to all my PM's because I was so busy all day.
Sense I been here I think from all the PM's that I sent only one person didn't answer and I didn't get upset because some times people just don't have time to answer them and I understand.

I respect everyone opinion and please don't think that this thread was meant to offend anyone.

God bless you all

Wendy

wendy1273 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:13pm
post #78 of 152

Tonedna and Melvira you girls are so funny icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:22pm
post #79 of 152

icon_wink.gif Wendy

Edna

Melvira Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:25pm
post #80 of 152

We try! icon_lol.gif

wendy1273 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:32pm
post #81 of 152

Thanks for making me laugh, sometimes this thread are very intense.

God bless you spirit.

tonedna Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:33pm
post #82 of 152

Laugh is the best medicine..Me..I like to get plain stupid and have fun.. icon_lol.gif
Edna

Melvira Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:41pm
post #83 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Laugh is the best medicine..Me..I like to get plain stupid and have fun.. icon_lol.gif
Edna

See, this is why we get along so well!! I think you, me, and IndyDeb need to get together for margaritas!! Hehehehe. Now, THAT would be a party!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 2:42pm
post #84 of 152

........english isn't my first language......sorry again if my english sounded odd......

Your post was *perfect* English! No need to appoligizeicon_smile.gif

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:04pm
post #85 of 152

edna,

do you think you could ask one of your voices to come and talk to me (about your cake decorating secrets),any little bit will help!!! icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:09pm
post #86 of 152

yummy...margaritas!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

My voices speak spanish icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
haha
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

wendy1273 Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:16pm
post #87 of 152
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Edna

See, this is why we get along so well!! I think you, me, and IndyDeb need to get together for margaritas!! Hehehehe. Now, THAT would be a party!

LOLLOLOLOL.
I'm up for the margaritas.

Melvira Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:18pm
post #88 of 152

Yar Mateys... I'm afraid I be misquoting meself in the other posts this morning. I be forgettin' it's National Talk Like A Pirate day! Argh!!! icon_wink.gif Now where's me scurvy parrot?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:20pm
post #89 of 152
Quote:

Yes GeminiRJ, you were borderline for a second there, but you pulled it out at the end! Hehehehehe!!! I hope hubby likes it! thumbs_up.gif

I was sweating bullets there for awhile! It just doesn't pay to get on the wrong side of the mistress of the dark...chocolate!

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 19 Sep 2008 , 3:33pm
post #90 of 152

mclaren: I'm so glad you posted your pictures. You do a excellent job on your cakes. I like the white decorated cheesecake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%