A Disaster Story From A Couple Of Years Ago

Decorating By kate_c Updated 18 Sep 2008 , 4:07am by kate_c

kate_c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kate_c Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:03am
post #1 of 3

My hubby and I got married at the end of January 3 yrs ago. I'd had a great success with our wedding cake, and was keen to keep it up by doing a cool cae for my hubby's birthday 4 weeks later.

I decided on constructing a beer bottle cake for him, and although it wasn't perfect, it turned out well enough. I had the cake in the fridge ready to triumphantly bring out at the little bbq we had planned. It was too tall for any containers, so was just on the board in the fridge, which was fine, until a guest came in, tray of steaks in hand (my husband's family are of the opinion that you bring your own meat to a bbq, even if it is an organised event - an opinion that I still do not share..) and asked where to put the steaks. Hubby replied "just throw it in the fridge, anywhere you like".

I discovered later that the place our guest "liked" was on the same shelf as the cake, leaning up against the cake, and ultimately squashing one side of it. End result, a squashed cake that looked more like a brown leaning tower of pisa than a beer bottle! Needless to say I was devastated, being the first birthday cake I ever made for my new husband!

2 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:05am
post #2 of 3

Men!!!!!!!!!

I have two "cake fridges" that my hubby knows nothing goes in them if cake is there! Actually, only drinks and cake ingredients go in there, even if NO cake is in there.

I make enough of my own disasters without having somebody else do one. LOL. Oh and my fridges have locks too, as my little ones like to cause disasters if they can find the cake... icon_eek.gif

kate_c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kate_c Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 4:07am
post #3 of 3

Separate fridges is definitelt something i should look into, and locks! Now that's a GREAT idea... i should put locks on our everyday fridge, might stop me from snacking too! icon_smile.gif thankyou for the hints!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%