Need An Idea For A Baby Cake!!!!

Decorating By robinscakes Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 12:44pm by grama_j

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 12:58am
post #1 of 8

I have a customer who ordered a 1/2 sheet cake and wants it decorated for babies who have not been born yet. Some of her church members are getting together to pray for babies (and moms) so that they may be born healthy. Since no one knows the babies or moms personally, she wants to keep the colors unisex. The only wording she wants on the cake is "Thank you for praying for us." I like doing sheet cakes and freehand work, so if you can suggest a way for me to decorate this cake I'd really appreciate it!

7 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 2:16am
post #2 of 8

Twice a year we do this at our church, only we have an actual baby shower for all the women in the church that are pregnant. "experienced" moms come and bring one gift for a pregnant mom. The pregnant mom picks a gift from the gift table and the "experienced" mom becomes the "new" moms prayer partner. the experienced mom prays for the new mom and the unborn baby and calls to check on them and answer any questions etc. It is a really wonderful experience.

I have done the cake the last 2 times and it is really hard to come up with a theme or cake - the first one I did was a baby block cake with neutral colors of yellow, green, blue and pink and the second cake I did, i did duckies with a green/blue color.

So, maybe do a sheet cake with some ducks on it.

I hope my rambling helps!! haha

Teena_Marie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teena_Marie Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:12am
post #3 of 8

how about baby shoes/booties of all different colors? could even put little crosses on the sides if you wanted to

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:19am
post #4 of 8

totally stealing that idea for our next baby shower! haha!!

thank you!!

CountryCakes2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CountryCakes2007 Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 3:30am
post #5 of 8

I really like to do ones that look like quilts. You could use any colors you wanted.

Starlitpink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starlitpink Posted 18 Sep 2008 , 5:20am
post #6 of 8

I made a baby shower cake and mad a fondant baby laying on his belly up on knees, asleep with his little piggies sticking out of the gown and put him on top of a fondant blanket. You could just make three little babies: one pink, blue, yellow, and write Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I sanctified you. When I have lots to write, I put it around the sides of the cake.

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 12:21pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks so much for all the ideas. I have to make this cake Friday. I think I may steal an idea from each of you. I know that she wanted just "Thank you for praying for us," but I love the idea of putting the verse from Jeremiah around the sides of the cake.

Thanks so much. Will post when it's done!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 12:44pm
post #8 of 8

Here is a couple of ideas that I did for some showers....... You can change the colors anyway you want .....

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=381103

This one I had a near disaster..... the "hood" collapsed and screwed up the whole end of the cake....... Therefore, the crooked lettering

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=381033

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=381073

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%