Petits Fours

Decorating By Venticali Updated 17 Sep 2008 , 11:51pm by Venticali

Venticali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Venticali Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 6

I don't see anything dedicated to petit fours. Does anyone have any tips.

Basically I was supposed to do a cake for a Bar mitzvah, and now the woman calls me up and says the caterer wants to do it, and will charge her, even if she doesn't use her for the cake. I of course already baked the cake.

WHat do I do? Do I say to bad, or make petit fours for her instead out of the cake?

Any tips on petits fours?

5 replies
tmt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 6

I hope you are still charging her since you already baked the cake! Wow, what a situation. Sorry, no advise on petit fours but I'm interested in learning. Good luck to you.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 6

Hi, I think petit fours are brilliant idea. Here is a link for you on how to make them.

http://cakesandcupboards.blogspot.com/2008/01/lisas-easy-petits-fours.html

HTH.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 6

Last Friday Night Cake Club we discussed Petit fours. The thread is on the Cake Decorating forum.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 9:57pm
post #5 of 6

Unless she is paying for you what y ou make I would just use the cake for family.
Make cake balls (aka:truffles). No decorating necessary icon_smile.gif
Just crumble the cake and add a bit of jam OR buttercream OR fruit juice and roll into small balls - no bigger than a gumball. Dip into choco & allow to set up/dry.
They can be rolled in sugar; powdered sug; well chopped nuts; or cocoa.

Venticali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Venticali Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 11:51pm
post #6 of 6

I was\\am getting paid for the cake, but still don't know what to do. i have never made petits four and don't want to practice on a paid customer.

It has been one of those disastrous customers from the start. First I was supposed to do the whole dessert table, then she said it was to expensive, so only the cake. Fine I came up with a brilliant design. then her mom ( the grandma) decides she doesn't like the design. So i come up with a new one. now this!

Should I just say sayonarra? I have another cake in less then 2 weeks that I can use the cake for.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%